And it is still snowing!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We ended up with about 15 to 18 inches. I had geared myself to go out and shovel us out. Then our oldest son called on Skype so we got to see the grandkids and talk. Then the youngest son called. So now I finally get my boots on and find gloves and start to go out to dig out and I hear scraping on our deck at the kitchen. I go out to the front porch and his step-son is digging out the front steps and sidewalk! Preacher Beecher's son and his step-son came over to dig us out. Dug out the car and cleaned it off for me. And they are going to the grocery to get the one thing I am in need of - half & half for my coffee!
Haven't I told you folks I am the most blessed person I know?.
That literally made my heart feel warm as I read it! How very nice.

at 11 pm last nite we had no snow ... about 12:30 i looked outside and we were getting slammed. still snowing ... and guess what? the snow shovel that has been sitting in the front hall 'forever' is conspicuous by its absence! i could have picked one up all over the place this past week and now there are foot high snow drifts blocking both doors. shot an email to the owners, hoping they just moved it someplace else inside the house and not out in the barn.
why didn't i check before the snow started?
embaressed_smile.gif
Oops!

at 11 pm last nite we had no snow ... about 12:30 i looked outside and we were getting slammed. still snowing ... and guess what? the snow shovel that has been sitting in the front hall 'forever' is conspicuous by its absence! i could have picked one up all over the place this past week and now there are foot high snow drifts blocking both doors. shot an email to the owners, hoping they just moved it someplace else inside the house and not out in the barn.
embaressed_smile.gif
Did you find the shovel?

We ended up with about 15 to 18 inches. I had geared myself to go out and shovel us out. Then our oldest son called on Skype so we got to see the grandkids and talk. Then the youngest son called. So now I finally get my boots on and find gloves and start to go out to dig out and I hear scraping on our deck at the kitchen. I go out to the front porch and his step-son is digging out the front steps and sidewalk! Preacher Beecher's son and his step-son came over to dig us out. Dug out the car and cleaned it off for me. And they are going to the grocery to get the one thing I am in need of - half & half for my coffee!
Haven't I told you folks I am the most blessed person I know?.
gillumhouse said:
Haven't I told you folks I am the most blessed person I know?
That's awesome! It warms your heart to hear that people like that still exist!
heart.gif

embaressed_smile.gif
Did you find the shovel?

fireplace.jpg

fireplace2.jpg

nice fireplace in the library..
How lovely. I do miss our fires in the fireplace. The only non-gs fireplace in the house no longer has a chimney. It was knocked down when the P Os put the "new" roof on.

Back