and That's What I Like About the South

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Who would have guessed that the American southeast has the healthiest air on the planet! I'm blogging this as another reason to visit here...for your health!
1229868_640125719352437_1119484356_n.jpg

thumbs_up.gif
I think we are on the border of the good ol' fresh air. We get the bad stuff from the Tennessee Valley that rides up the Appalachians from the coal plants, etc. Is there a way to actually enter your zip code or something? I am curious. Thx
BTW Dad was telling me that the smog is back in southern calf and up into central calf like it used to be with smog alerts etc.

thumbs_up.gif
I think we are on the border of the good ol' fresh air. We get the bad stuff from the Tennessee Valley that rides up the Appalachians from the coal plants, etc. Is there a way to actually enter your zip code or something? I am curious. Thx
BTW Dad was telling me that the smog is back in southern calf and up into central calf like it used to be with smog alerts etc..
Joey Bloggs said:
Is there a way to actually enter your zip code or something? I am curious. Thx
I just saw it on the "Science Is Awesome" Facebook page (I was a physics major in college...I'm extremely nerdy). It links to the original article here:
http://grist.org/climate-energy/heres-where-youre-most-likely-to-die-from-air-pollution/

If that low voltage switch hadn't failed in 1961 you wouldn't have!!
omg_smile.gif
Highlands John said:
omg_smile.gif
That would have spoiled North Carolina, all right, but we are way west of there and our weather moves west to east, so it would have effected Scotland more than us in Arkansas.
If you zoom in on the map, you'll see that Scottish air is a lot better than down in England...but you probably already knew that ;-)

omg_smile.gif
Highlands John said:
omg_smile.gif
That would have spoiled North Carolina, all right, but we are way west of there and our weather moves west to east, so it would have effected Scotland more than us in Arkansas.
If you zoom in on the map, you'll see that Scottish air is a lot better than down in England...but you probably already knew that ;-)
You'd be surprised at the number of people who comment on that when they step off the plane at Inverness.

And you have already read the Worst Hard Time about those who STAYED during the great dustbowl, vs left to the West to escape it. It was all caused by greed taking out the buffalo grass and planting wheat. By never rotating crops or allowing the nitrogen and other nutrients to return to the soil.
The babies who died were found to have their lungs filled with sand/dust. And how it blackened "Black Blizzards" even New York City and cities on the East Coast. Thereby giving it the name the Dirty Thirties.
Every time a new person moves into this lake near us and wants to rape the land and have a great big ol' lawn reaching down to the water...oi veigh. Everything is connected. They have no idea what that riparian buffer does. Some of the dairy farms are getting it, but not enough.
We all breathe the same air, drink the same water. The whole world. It affects everyone.
Speaking of bombs, the Manhattan Project - The Secret City (Oak Ridge Tennessee) is not too far from us. About 5 hours SW. If the Road Trippers wanted to stop off there. More here.

Depends on the location...our city narrowly escaped being sanctioned by the EPA. We are in a river valley and that in combination with a lack of emissions testing and several industries that pollute the air, make our air quality quite poor.

Back