and they are beginning to come in!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
OK, so you all will think I'm crazy but I'm So EXCITED!!
We have reservations for 11 people for the tea room for next Saturday... from PARIS FRANCE!!!
We also have the catered breakfast gig....
AND I just booked a Bridal Shower!!
The word is getting out!!!
I'm doing my 'happy dance'!

see we totally told you it was the way to go!.
see we totally told you it was the way to go!
thumbs_up.gif

And now you can breathe in a huge sigh of relief. Congrats!

We all knew you would be a success...that is wonderful! I know you want to do it all..but do be careful not to be overdoing until you really get the hang of how things will go.
OMG. I can already feel your brain working...France...something special???

Take a deep breath and say I did it, FANTASTIC!
You rock!

Just be warned with French people they tend to rip apart say crossants and then dip them in their coffee or hot chocolate - this is tasty but makes a huge mess everywhere, id be carefull what table cloths you use

Just be warned with French people they tend to rip apart say crossants and then dip them in their coffee or hot chocolate - this is tasty but makes a huge mess everywhere, id be carefull what table cloths you use.
I don't know about a huge mess, but yes, they do dunk things in their tea and coffee. They also prefer warmed milk (or frothed milk) with their coffee. We have a milk warmer/frother in place just for this reason.

I have been following your opening from afar....in total awe of your energy and spirit!!! Your enthusiasm and hard work guarantee your success. Go for it!! Congratulations, mon cheri
heart.gif

Sunshine said:
OK, so you all will think I'm crazy but I'm So EXCITED!!
We have reservations for 11 people for the tea room for next Saturday... from PARIS FRANCE!!!
We also have the catered breakfast gig....
AND I just booked a Bridal Shower!!
The word is getting out!!!
I'm doing my 'happy dance'!
Really awesome! You knew it would work!!!! Congratulations!

OK, I am late coming in (we took an overnight getaway). All I can say is:
[h2]
We told you so!!!!!!![/h2]

Here's your next step, Sunshine. There's a little art gallery downtown here. The owner displays and sells her paintings, plus works by other locals, and they meet once a month to have fun together, and of course talk and EAT.
Their latest idea is to have a reading time of poetry and short stories. There are quite a few people in town who are excited about this, and planning to share their favorites next Monday night at the first reading. Light refreshments will be served.
If you could work up some event like this, it would be a great way to draw new people to your tea room, but rather than giving free refreshments, let them order from your tea menu, and pay you. Something as civilized as poetry goes real well with something as civilized as tea!

Update: Paris cancelled.... :( seems they scheduled "too many food events"... is there such a thing??? LOL! Its ok tho, cuz I just got a reservation for 11 for tuesday and then last night they called and said add 3 more the the group! :) These are the towns "Womens Club" and the 'talkers of the town' and the well to do! So after they have been here word will definitely be out..... 'locally' anyway...
I'm also catering a breakfast (I don't remember if i already told you that), 1 block up the street for my bank!
My realtor is coming and bringing 8 people! I have booked a Christmas Dinner for 24, and I got a call to do a bid for a thanksgiving dinner for 24-30 people in Nov!
These are GREAT and definitely help, but I still need the 'day to day' business!
Well, the now infamous.... Paris group... that cancelled...actually called and ordered 'to go' lunch today!!
Awesome!!
Again I want to thank you guys for all your encouragement!

Back