Anniversary Breakfast Suggestions please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kay Nein

Reaction score
We seem to be having alot of people staying for their anniversary. We had a 40th this weekend and tonight is a 13th. They stayed one night & liked it so much they decided to stay another night (Score!) Luckily, they will be the only ones staying tonight so we can do something special for breakfast without having to do it for everyone.
So, I'm wondering what type of neat/fun things you do for breakfast when someone's celebrating an anniversary. Would you feed everyone the same thing if you had a full breakfast service (ie: heart shaped french toast) or just the happy couple?
What other neat things do you do for birthdays or other special occasions? We often don't know about the special date until after they are there, so having something in their room when they arrive doesn't always work.
Thanks!!

I don't usually do a special breakfast but I'm interested in ideas. We would have to stand on our heads to do something special meal-wise for one table. I do like the idea of heart-shaped french toast and that would be easy enough if we were already having FT. Not if it requires a whole different set of pans, etc. (The floor space in our kitchen measures 30" x 72"- we had to remove the cupboard handles when we got a new, slightly wider stove!)
We do put candles in the muffins if we know in advance for a b'day.

That's a good idea - candles in muffins. Seems like a no-brainer but that didn't occur to me when we had a birthday recently.
I was going to do heart-shaped french toast - funny you said that cause I didn't want to influence anyone recommendations so I didn't say it. I also saw the post earlier with the heart shaped bacon. I'm excited to make their morning special =)

That's a good idea - candles in muffins. Seems like a no-brainer but that didn't occur to me when we had a birthday recently.
I was going to do heart-shaped french toast - funny you said that cause I didn't want to influence anyone recommendations so I didn't say it. I also saw the post earlier with the heart shaped bacon. I'm excited to make their morning special =).
Look back, you did actually mention heart-shaped FT!
The reason I wouldn't do something completely different for one table for a special occasion is they might actually be looking forward to the brekkie everyone else is getting.
So, maybe an add-on? Heart shaped strawberries on the plate? Or on a separate plate with 'Happy Anniversary' written in chocolate syrup? Or balsamic vinegar? I once made heart-shaped strawberries to top a Valentine's Day cheesecake. Remove stem, cut strawberry in half north to south, creatively cut around stem end into heart shape.

I was going to do heart-shaped french toast - funny you said that cause I didn't want to influence anyone recommendations so I didn't say it. I also saw the post earlier with the heart shaped bacon. I'm excited to make their morning special =).
Look back, you did actually mention heart-shaped FT!
The reason I wouldn't do something completely different for one table for a special occasion is they might actually be looking forward to the brekkie everyone else is getting.
So, maybe an add-on? Heart shaped strawberries on the plate? Or on a separate plate with 'Happy Anniversary' written in chocolate syrup? Or balsamic vinegar? I once made heart-shaped strawberries to top a Valentine's Day cheesecake. Remove stem, cut strawberry in half north to south, creatively cut around stem end into heart shape.
lol - yes, I did... I re-wrote that post several times and kept taking it out. It snuck back in.
I love strawberries on the breakfast plate. They're so pretty and yummy and special.
I agree not to make something different for them, but I could just make the same thing for everyone and make theirs heart-shaped whatever. Heck, I could make/buy a heart shaped form & could even make the over-medium eggs that shape or plate scrambled eggs in the form. Guess I could "heart" anything if I put my mind to it.

If I know it is an anniversary, I get a single rose with water pic and greenery, slip the card to him to sign and return, and the rose is at her place for breakfast. that is about all I do out of the ordinary "special" treatment.

Heart shaped anything! I used to put out a place card holder that said, "Happy Anniversary" at their places once they were settled in. (Also did that for happy birthday, etc. I also sometimes put a special flower bouquet at their place. Most of our anniversary guests opted for breakfast in bed....

I never did anything special for breakfast ...honestly, I think you can take this too far. Will it make other guests uncomfortable? Maybe the couple prefer lowkey. What I usually did was give them a card and a small heart shaped cake and sparkling cider in their room
I personally would not like cutesy stuff presented to me at the table infront of strangers.

I will spend my anniversary cooking breakfast for a firend who "ran away from home", DH will go to the doc, going to a Kiwanis lunch, teaching 2 knitting classes. I think I am going to ask DH to go to the ice cream stand for a cone after I get home from knitting. We are looking for a new vehicle soon and he said we are going to defer our anniversary until after we get the vehicle - Road Trip! 37 years. Neither of us thought we would live long enough for this

When our couple came in to celbrate there specail day We gave them a small cheese plate and one glass of wine each.They were tickled and went out on their deck to enjoy it. Then at night we do a turn down service Put on their bed a card for the anniversary .and a heart shape chocolate. After they left for dinner. They came home to a bed turned down and a treat on the pillows . Made them happy!

I give them a card on their breakfast tray. But all breakast here is "room service" style. Only 3 cottage type units here + they have a option of 4 or so main courses. CARD could be on the pillow, when they arrive .

I never did anything special for breakfast ...honestly, I think you can take this too far. Will it make other guests uncomfortable? Maybe the couple prefer lowkey. What I usually did was give them a card and a small heart shaped cake and sparkling cider in their room
I personally would not like cutesy stuff presented to me at the table infront of strangers..
I had special occasion things in the rooms for our guests also. The breakfast things were not that big a deal (if the anniversary couple had breakfast in the dining room - otherwise their delivered breakfast tray was jazzed up a bit more) and it was often a conversation starter for the rest of the guests. I found that most guests liked to share joyous occasions!

In this posting you will find my selection of the very best quotes, from nearly a decade of collecting them. They range from the profound to the intriguing to the just plain funny.
One way or the other, you’ll surely find many of them to be thought-provoking and entertaining.
Anniversary Quotes

Back