Annoyed by Amazon

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I bought a book online at Amazon yesterday. I got the shipping notice just now and they charged me ELEVEN % sales tax. My state tax is 5%. I didn't think Amazon charged sales tax.

After speaking with 2 customer help people, one of whom could not understand why I was upset at the amount charged and telling me it was not going to Amazon, but to the government and I should call my state government to complain, I found a page on Amazon explaining that NY REQUIRES sales tax to be remitted.
So, I bought it here but shipped it there and they can collect on the ENTIRE purchase, including shipping. What a joke. Tax on postage?
OK, so that's the last thing I ship to NY directly. It would have cost less to ship it here and then remail it.

I ordered two books from Amazon (the same book) - shipped from KY, my Mother got hers on Saturday in a remote agricultural area of southern ca, the 2nd and mine is to be here the 9th. Shipped USPS from KY. :)

We were upset with UPS, with a package purchased though Amazon. They left the package at the BOTTOM of our 100' driveway. Never mind we had snow that covered it, and we discovered the package when hubby hit it with the snowblower! The first time UPS ever pulled that stunt, and hopefully the last! Yes, our driveway was clear, although maybe not wide enough with the snow on the shoulders for the truck to get up. The driver can't walk 100'?

We were upset with UPS, with a package purchased though Amazon. They left the package at the BOTTOM of our 100' driveway. Never mind we had snow that covered it, and we discovered the package when hubby hit it with the snowblower! The first time UPS ever pulled that stunt, and hopefully the last! Yes, our driveway was clear, although maybe not wide enough with the snow on the shoulders for the truck to get up. The driver can't walk 100'?.
I love my UPS guy and FedEx gal! One comes down the driveway, the other parks on the street and walks down the sidewalk. We try to keep a path clear from the street, but the town plow just fills it back in.

We were upset with UPS, with a package purchased though Amazon. They left the package at the BOTTOM of our 100' driveway. Never mind we had snow that covered it, and we discovered the package when hubby hit it with the snowblower! The first time UPS ever pulled that stunt, and hopefully the last! Yes, our driveway was clear, although maybe not wide enough with the snow on the shoulders for the truck to get up. The driver can't walk 100'?.
I love my UPS guy and FedEx gal! One comes down the driveway, the other parks on the street and walks down the sidewalk. We try to keep a path clear from the street, but the town plow just fills it back in.
DH & our UPS guy have tyraded hunting stories. He always greets us by name if he sees us out & about or waves if he sees us walking down the street.

I have made several purchases lately and no extra charges on what I bought nor tax. I was going on line to buy a new I pod nano but think I will shop locally because looks like the pricing is the same.

Back