Annoying or flattering? It’s all in the attitude I guess.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
We have two bistro tables and one six seater table. The bistro tables are by the window with the view. Usually, people eat and skeet and everyone gets a seat. Not today. The bistro table people are dug in. Reading, chatting, having seconds and thirds. The late comers are stuck at a table for six all together asking, where are you from? Sigh. I guess it’s good that they are comfortable and happy, but mostly I’m annoyed they are selfishly monopolizing the best seats.

My guests have changed their breakfast time when they discover another couple has a different time within an hour of what they were requesting. Love to hear them chattering away.

My guests have changed their breakfast time when they discover another couple has a different time within an hour of what they were requesting. Love to hear them chattering away.
Guess everywhere is different, but to me, people seem the reason for choosing a B & B over a hotel, my personal experience is limited to a breakfast where 29 of us shared one table, little kids, teenagers, up to us old folks.

We’ve had guests skip breakfast when they had to share the dining room. They didn’t want to just not have to share a table (we had 6 separate tables), they refused to sit with anyone in the same room!

Boy! Did they miss out! I suppose they will only eat in a restaurant if they are the only ones eating. SHEESH!

We’ve had guests skip breakfast when they had to share the dining room. They didn’t want to just not have to share a table (we had 6 separate tables), they refused to sit with anyone in the same room!
That’s a bit extreme! They need a place with room service!

Back