Another adventure in bedding.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I got all new blankets for the inn. They've been coming in 1-2 at a time. I've been washing them and putting them aside to wait to put them on the beds. Which I did today. I got these really soft 'fleece' blankets and I'm killing myself here. The cotton ones didn't get staticky. These are so staticky, that the sheets come right up off the bed and stick to the blankets making wrinkles almost impossible to get rid of.
Ugh. They're so nice but it took twice as long to make each bed because I kept having to pull and tug every which way to make everything lie flat.
It's always something.

Yeah, those fleece blankets are warm but I just can't deal with the static. They always get sent to the back of the closet until I'm fed up enough with the space they take up and end up donating them.

Yeah, those fleece blankets are warm but I just can't deal with the static. They always get sent to the back of the closet until I'm fed up enough with the space they take up and end up donating them..
Rats. I was already planning to donate the OLD blankets, not the new ones!

Yeah, those fleece blankets are warm but I just can't deal with the static. They always get sent to the back of the closet until I'm fed up enough with the space they take up and end up donating them..
Just think how happy and warm someone's going to be. Someone who does not need perfect sheets every day!

Just think how happy and warm someone's going to be. Someone who does not need perfect sheets every day!
Sorry, for what I paid, the rest of them are going back. I realized with the static that means every hair and piece of lint will be permanently stuck to the blankets. Oh well, I was having to take the mattress pads back anyway. I'll leave the 4 on the beds that I already made. The other 6 go back.

Sorry, for what I paid, the rest of them are going back. I realized with the static that means every hair and piece of lint will be permanently stuck to the blankets. Oh well, I was having to take the mattress pads back anyway. I'll leave the 4 on the beds that I already made. The other 6 go back.
You are right. I love my soft fleece blanket I curl up with on the couch..but it collects all things and is static as well. Not a good thing for the guest beds. Back to the drawing board:) Sorry they didn't work for you.

What are soft fleece? Not sure if I am following what they are exactly, microfleece? I have fleece and they are great for one reason - I can look across and find any hairs stuck on them. The other blankets we have had on the beds are not so easy to see the hair. I can also tuck these tight too. Prob not the same kind you are talking about. Are you talking about plush fleece?

What are soft fleece? Not sure if I am following what they are exactly, microfleece? I have fleece and they are great for one reason - I can look across and find any hairs stuck on them. The other blankets we have had on the beds are not so easy to see the hair. I can also tuck these tight too. Prob not the same kind you are talking about. Are you talking about plush fleece?.
These are thin micro fleece. I should have thought about this a little more. I know what my fleece jacket looks like right out of the dryer...covered with lint and hair and staticky as can be.

What are soft fleece? Not sure if I am following what they are exactly, microfleece? I have fleece and they are great for one reason - I can look across and find any hairs stuck on them. The other blankets we have had on the beds are not so easy to see the hair. I can also tuck these tight too. Prob not the same kind you are talking about. Are you talking about plush fleece?.
These are thin micro fleece. I should have thought about this a little more. I know what my fleece jacket looks like right out of the dryer...covered with lint and hair and staticky as can be.
Morticia said:
This would be a good poll question, because ALL the blankets I have ever had here are staticky, especially out of the dryer, that is like saying does a bear doo doo in the woods.
cry_smile.gif

In case anyone is interested, I have a Penney's sale catalog and they have 4 different blankets that are $19.99 for any size.

Morticia said:
This would be a good poll question, because ALL the blankets I have ever had here are staticky, especially out of the dryer, that is like saying does a bear doo doo in the woods.
cry_smile.gif

My cotton ones are fine. No static. I guess I never thought about the static, even as I was pulling them out of the dryer and hoping my pacemaker wouldn't short out from the static!
wink_smile.gif
But, when I went to put them on the beds, that was the worst. So, like I said, the 4 I've got in use right now are it. The rest go back. If I can cancel the rest of the order, I will do that.
I guess JCP was overwhelmed with the orders on this particular blanket (which had RAVE reviews, no mention of static at all!) so they are way behind delivery. Which has led to them also not being very well put together. Very bunchy, like they were trying to save on the binding.
Just got my new shades. What fresh hell will this be, I wonder?

You are right. I love my soft fleece blanket I curl up with on the couch..but it collects all things and is static as well. Not a good thing for the guest beds. Back to the drawing board:) Sorry they didn't work for you.
I bought sheet like that and it is like crawling into heaven every night. I love them but I would not use them on guests because of the same things everyone said. I tried the blankets and found they are harder to use all the way around.

ummmm, Hello everyone, wouldn't dryer sheets take care of the static?

ummmm, Hello everyone, wouldn't dryer sheets take care of the static?.
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Don't know, don't use them.
Morticia said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Don't know, don't use them.
try them, It will stop the static. They come without scent!
wink_smile.gif

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
yes, that's what they're made for, and getting stuck in sheets after they are on the bed. :)
Joey Bloggs said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
yes, that's what they're made for, and getting stuck in sheets after they are on the bed. :)
yes of course they get stuck but they're better than having that nasty static or?

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
yes of course they get stuck but they're better than having that nasty static or?
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
I am not arguing with you, I use fleece blankets and I use fabric softener sheets. :)

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
I am not arguing with you, I use fleece blankets and I use fabric softener sheets. :)
Joey Bloggs said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
regular_smile.gif
I did not think you were, just having fun

Try putting a large metal safety pin in it when you dry. I think that will difuse the static.

Back