Another Airbnb horror story

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't have happened to a better couple.
If it was going to happen. (and I mean that in a good way - publicity wise)
Travel industry giants are now guest speakers at Air conferences. So it is interesting how the world is embracing them and its concept, and yet this.
Subletting is a big no no there, and I am glad they are cracking down.

He reminded me of an email he said he sent, saying due to recent New York City law changes we had to be discreet...
Be discreet. Ha! What a way to do business. That building tenant who threatened them is so NYC, I guess, but I don't blame him. The law is the law.

The fine here is $2500 a day, $5000 if you are corporate. Government hired 18 new inspectors. And yet Air does nothing to warn people.
One idiot went on newspaper after he and his cousin were robbed by someone on Air. I assume he thought that Air would help him... and all I could think was... you got $500 of stuff stolen and the fine is just $12,500 for the rental.. what an idiot. Plus of course that doesn't include all the tax evasion fines.

Couldn't have happened to a better couple.
If it was going to happen. (and I mean that in a good way - publicity wise)
Travel industry giants are now guest speakers at Air conferences. So it is interesting how the world is embracing them and its concept, and yet this.
Subletting is a big no no there, and I am glad they are cracking down..
It's amazing how gullible some people are. They think they will be getting a great deal but do not realize the risks they are taking. Air, on the other hand, will continue to "rake it in" without any of the liability. I just shake my head.

Anti-Airbnb group arrives in Florida
Florida Politics (blog)
That house was sold to someone last year and a few months later became an Airbnb-fueled bed and breakfast, he said. Alderson said he's spent the ...
"“AirbnbWATCH Florida, a neighborhood watch group of concerned individuals and organizations, today launched its effort to bring attention to illegal hotel operations in residential areas that..."

I am sure the house next door is on air ... different folks coming and going all the time. And sometimes the renters come to my door by mistake. The most recent owners had a death in the family so the surviving elderly spouse moved to Florida and his son rented it out as a yearly rental ... now I think the renters are running the air. I have no idea who is responsible for what over there. No noise, no complaints, I just wonder who would be liable if something happens.
There are now 300 listings on air for my town. I wouldn't have thought that number could be sustained year round, but for sure in summer.

I am sure the house next door is on air ... different folks coming and going all the time. And sometimes the renters come to my door by mistake. The most recent owners had a death in the family so the surviving elderly spouse moved to Florida and his son rented it out as a yearly rental ... now I think the renters are running the air. I have no idea who is responsible for what over there. No noise, no complaints, I just wonder who would be liable if something happens.
There are now 300 listings on air for my town. I wouldn't have thought that number could be sustained year round, but for sure in summer..
We have neighbors apparently renting a second house on air that used to be occupied by a relative. This is the same neighbor who caused a big stink years ago about someone a block from them opening a very small B&B....legally and with all the proper inspections.

Not a horror story but guests won't use air again - he had booked a week in the czez republic (sure you don't spell it like that) for football tournament, host got better offer ie for the whole month of the event and cancelled his booking and kept his £200 deposit. - but at least it was before they set off and could make alternative arrangements which were more expensive but at least they had somewhere.

Not a horror story but guests won't use air again - he had booked a week in the czez republic (sure you don't spell it like that) for football tournament, host got better offer ie for the whole month of the event and cancelled his booking and kept his £200 deposit. - but at least it was before they set off and could make alternative arrangements which were more expensive but at least they had somewhere..
Wait! So the host canceled the booking and kept the deposit? I would demand Air refunded me or I would file a charge back.
A guest was staying with us for a wedding and told us what happened to the bride & MOB who had booked an Air property for the week prior to the wedding. They arrived to find someone else 'living' in the house and had appeared to have been there for quite some time.

MOB presented the confirmation to the occupant but nothing happened. The MOB attempted to call the owner, nothing. So she had to make other arrangements at a hotel which played havoc on all the activities she planed to do at the Air property.

Our guest said the MOB was an attorney and had plans to fight it all once she got back after the wedding. Wish I knew what took place. I am sure the $*!# hit the fan.

Not a horror story but guests won't use air again - he had booked a week in the czez republic (sure you don't spell it like that) for football tournament, host got better offer ie for the whole month of the event and cancelled his booking and kept his £200 deposit. - but at least it was before they set off and could make alternative arrangements which were more expensive but at least they had somewhere..
Wait! So the host canceled the booking and kept the deposit? I would demand Air refunded me or I would file a charge back.
A guest was staying with us for a wedding and told us what happened to the bride & MOB who had booked an Air property for the week prior to the wedding. They arrived to find someone else 'living' in the house and had appeared to have been there for quite some time.

MOB presented the confirmation to the occupant but nothing happened. The MOB attempted to call the owner, nothing. So she had to make other arrangements at a hotel which played havoc on all the activities she planed to do at the Air property.

Our guest said the MOB was an attorney and had plans to fight it all once she got back after the wedding. Wish I knew what took place. I am sure the $*!# hit the fan.
That's what he said but I wonder now as what he actually said was "out £200 of the payment" ie had to pay £200 more for the other 2nd place plus with air they don't refund you right away ie didn't get his money back for about X amount of time afterwards as this happened to another guest of mine who had booked wrong dated wanted 3rd of dec for 3 nights and booked 30th for 3 nights, messed about cancelling for 2 weeks so nearly didn't get his money back at all! told him you must cancel right away to get your money back so he was warned!

Back