Another crazy request -

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Copperhead

Reaction score
It was Wimpy (Popeye's friend) "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"
Of course there was a sob story that went along with it... one that was too real to be faked but of course I didn't bite. If you can't afford to celebrate by taking here here, pick up a steak, light the grill and some candles.

Arks

Reaction score
Suggest he celebrate by taking her to Paris. Maybe the airline will wait, and trust him, for their money.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I can't believe the nerve of some people. Why in heaven's name would he even ask??? DO not understand!!!

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Sometimes I get the request with "I don't get paid until Friday" excuse, but it's happening far less than when the financial crisis first hit. I think more people are living within their means.

Generic

Reaction score
A sob story and a quarter will get you a telephone call at a pay phone in some places. Two quarters in others. :)

Arks

Reaction score
Pay phone? Good luck finding one of those! Ah, miss those days.

Copperhead

Reaction score
The sob story was too unique to post here but it included that they had already put out a deposit (nice size) on another place further away but could not go and place would not refund (guess they were within the cancel policy). Oh if I only could share, you too would be banging your heads on the wall.