Another glitch in Rezovation Gt

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonatainn

Reaction score
So, I encountered another nasty bug in Rezovation GT. My reminder and follow up emails are not being sent. Is anyone else having this problem. I called tech support and was told that it would be fixed by installing an update...which he did for me...so I waited a few days to see if the reminders and follow ups would kick in....they didn't. I called again...and was told that it would be fixed in the next update.
This is incredibly frustrating. I'm really frustrated that I had to find this out by chance (looking at older reservations,) rather than being informed by Rezovation that this bug was occuring, so that I could better prepare for it.
Is anyone else having the same or similar issue?

Damn! Didn't even notice it. Yes, my reminders aren't going out and they don't have a way to manually send them either (which I have posted about in their suggestion forum).
Thank you for posting this.

Damn! Didn't even notice it. Yes, my reminders aren't going out and they don't have a way to manually send them either (which I have posted about in their suggestion forum).
Thank you for posting this..
Eric:
I found a quick way....
Copy the follow up/reminder template and put it in your MISC category.
Next: Go to your reservation panel, and filter out the reservations for the month of June (search by arrival date or departure.)
Highlight the reservations you want...then right click and hit Email -> Misc then your follow up email template.
After a loooong while...it should send out.
Make sure your SMTP server can handle that many emails going out.
Let me know how it goes.
It's INCREDIBLY annoying that Rezovation GT didn't at least INFORM us of this bug.

Eric:
I found a quick way....
Next: Go to your reservation panel, and filter out the reservations for the month of June (search by arrival date or departure.)
Highlight the reservations you want...then right click and hit Email -> Misc then your follow up email template.
Let me know how it goes.
It's INCREDIBLY annoying that Rezovation GT didn't at least INFORM us of this bug.
I agree it's annoying and it's a bug that should have been instantly fixed. You don't "lose" a feature.

Eric:
I found a quick way....
Let me know how it goes.
I agree it's annoying and it's a bug that should have been instantly fixed. You don't "lose" a feature.
Yeah...it's not the bug that bothers me...as much as the lack of warning from Rez....not good

Eric:
I found a quick way....
Let me know how it goes.
Yeah...it's not the bug that bothers me...as much as the lack of warning from Rez....not good
Well, I'm up to 5.9.1.363 and they said they checked it and it should be working. I guess we will see tomorrow.
I wish they had some consistancy... the template for reminders isn't with all the other templates.
They should have owned up to the error immediately with a work around, so that everyone would be able to at least do something to send them manually.

Eric:
I found a quick way....
Let me know how it goes.
Well, I'm up to 5.9.1.363 and they said they checked it and it should be working. I guess we will see tomorrow.
I wish they had some consistancy... the template for reminders isn't with all the other templates.
They should have owned up to the error immediately with a work around, so that everyone would be able to at least do something to send them manually.
I have been at .363 for a few days now...trust me, it's not working.

I have someone asking me if this problem is occuring only with the online version or is it affecting the desktop version as well - does anyone know?
RIki

I have someone asking me if this problem is occuring only with the online version or is it affecting the desktop version as well - does anyone know?
RIki.
It's the Desktop version that is failing for me.

RIki.
It's the Desktop version that is failing for me.
They issued a new release today. I use the online version, so I had to call to get the update installed.
UPDATE:
New update was posted. Drew from Rezovation assures me that it will fix the issue...I installed it, and am standing by.
http://downloads.rezovation.com/preview/rezovationgt_update.exe
Let's hope this works.

Confirmed:
The 5.10.1.255 update has fixed this issue. For some reason though, the reminder's subject lines are now all in lower case, odd.
Well, at least they are going out!
Let's hope it doesn't break again.
Note to RezGT: When something like this happens, please let your customers know. This was clearly a global issue that required strict attention. I understand that things go wrong, but communication is the key here. Your website still shows the May 31st update, but we're in July now, and there have been many small updates since. You left us in the dark, and your tech support staff tried to minimize the issue as a personal issue, and not a global one. Please do not do this again.
If you encounter a similar global issue like this again, we would all appreciate an email. As long as we know what's going on, we can figure out workarounds. I don't appreciate finding out weeks later, by accident, that my follow ups are no going out. Maybe you can use your blog to announce issues like this?

Alrighty...so, another glitch has occured with the new update. I'm not sure if this is limited to my account, but I urge any RezGT users to double check.
I have noticed, since the new patch, that all incoming online bookings are missing the state/province entry.
Anyone else having this issue?

Alrighty...so, another glitch has occured with the new update. I'm not sure if this is limited to my account, but I urge any RezGT users to double check.
I have noticed, since the new patch, that all incoming online bookings are missing the state/province entry.
Anyone else having this issue?.
I seem to get state and country properly. I'm on GTO 5.10.1.255

We're seriously considering changing to RezoGT -
  • Like the Groups Support
  • Like the CC & Quickbooks Integration
  • Like the Booking Engine for internet bookings
  • Like the tracking, emails, packages, etc
  • Like the Reports
But it doesn't handle Event Space/Meeting Rooms real well
Is anyone using RezoGT with having non-lodging space as pseudo rooms ? Or can you recommend something else that will do all the above + non-lodging rooms (hourly rentals, etc)

We're seriously considering changing to RezoGT -
  • Like the Groups Support
  • Like the CC & Quickbooks Integration
  • Like the Booking Engine for internet bookings
  • Like the tracking, emails, packages, etc
  • Like the Reports
But it doesn't handle Event Space/Meeting Rooms real well
Is anyone using RezoGT with having non-lodging space as pseudo rooms ? Or can you recommend something else that will do all the above + non-lodging rooms (hourly rentals, etc).
E-mail [email protected] and ask John. I LOVE this system. Reminder e-mails, thank you follow-up, and I have 2 rooms that share a bathroom but will rent one as a private bath rate, leaving the other room blocked. He set that up for me.

Back