Another good free Face book feature

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbid

Reaction score
Using the business to business “like” feature on Face book has some good advantages. I now “like” a good restaurant that is walking distance to my Inn. I can make a post onto the wall of the restaurant that says something like “We just had a couple walk back here to the (name your Inn) and they told us they loved the salmon special you have today. Keep up the good work and we will keep sending you business. Thanks. This then goes out to everyone who follows that restaurant which is advertising for you. Caution: This should only be used with a business you can realistically justify posting on their wall by giving them some help or praise.

Bigbid said:
This then goes out to everyone who follows that restaurant which is advertising for you.
Not actually. It is seen by anyone who GOES to their facebook page and sees the post, but it's not distributed to their fans like their own status updates are.
But that doesn't mean it's not a great idea, for goodwill with the business and some exposure. I'm doing it myself.

This is the main reason I was so happy with the new changes. Finally we get to post as our business! Yeay

You could make that comment your status and tag the restaurant. That way it would show up on your followers walls each time you did that.

Now if I could only get our local restaurants/wineries/shops to discover Facebook...our town is in the dark ages, it's frustrating.

,,,and if we could only get businesses to set up a "Business" page, rather than incorrectly setting up at personal page. One of my pet peeves!
potty-mouth.gif

,,,and if we could only get businesses to set up a "Business" page, rather than incorrectly setting up at personal page. One of my pet peeves!
potty-mouth.gif
I tried, actually thought i had when I set it up. Not touching anything. I am still in the Dark Ages because I do not have time for it. Remember how big MySpace was? Wait & see.... What is next?

Back