Another No-Show

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Had a couple that were scheduled to arrive at 3 p.m. yesterday. By 6 p.m., they still had not arrived and we had things to do. I called and apparently this unmarried couple had broken up two-weeks ago and weren't coming. I gently reminded her that if she had called and cancelled two weeks ago, that she would have received most of her deposit back. Now, she forfeits the whole deposit.
Easy money, but it chaffs my hide that she wasn't even planning on calling to tell us they weren't coming. I could have rented that room several times over! It's too bad that she didn't buy any packages.

Proud Texan said:
Had a couple that were scheduled to arrive at 3 p.m. yesterday. By 6 p.m., they still had not arrived...Now, she forfeits the whole deposit.
That's generous of you. Many would charge the whole first night, or the whole stay, for a no-show!

I know Right? It really irritates me to no end-like hello?!?! just simple call would have made the day of one person much easier. but some think that they are entitled to it cause we are the ones here...ugh

If there was a big blowout kind of breakup, it truly might have been the last thing on her/his mind. I'm sorry for the no show, glad you gave a 'gentle reminder' ... one of them ought to have called.

Proud Texan said:
Had a couple that were scheduled to arrive at 3 p.m. yesterday. By 6 p.m., they still had not arrived...Now, she forfeits the whole deposit.
That's generous of you. Many would charge the whole first night, or the whole stay, for a no-show!.
Arkansawyer said:
Proud Texan said:
That's generous of you. Many would charge the whole first night, or the whole stay, for a no-show!
The deposit is one whole night.....not generous at all. Actually, for a no-show we charge the full reservation fee no matter how many nights the booked.

Proud Texan said:
That's generous of you. Many would charge the whole first night, or the whole stay, for a no-show!.
Arkansawyer said:
Proud Texan said:
The deposit is one whole night.....not generous at all. Actually, for a no-show we charge the full reservation fee no matter how many nights the booked.
Good! I also do a full reservation because it could be a package....

Back