Another package, need more help!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packages as ordered. It would be nice if the hand lotion wasn't a girly scent, but maybe the ladies are giving the guys a hint. My DH has dishpan hands and I make him wear the lotion under gloves every couple of months - otherwise, no touching..
Maybe more info needed- the person ordering the packages does not know the recipients personally. May ask if packages were received but probably not what was in them. All scents are flowery-fruity as purchased from Bath & Body Works. If they have a more masculine scent there I could drive over and get some at the mall. Does anyone know what they have?
Here is a page of their fragrances. There are some nice somewhat manly ones - I'd go for the citrus basil or coconut lime myself and the seaspray fragrance might work very well for you.
Dug around in the cupboard where she keeps these things and found Country Apple, Sun-ripened Raspberry and Night-blooming Jasmine. Would any of these work? I like the apple one best, it's the least smelly. I have to drive down near the mall so I may just stop in anyway to see if they have any of those ones you mentioned. Just having them on the desk in the office is making my eyes water.
Country Apple would be fine, IMHO.

I either just use the lotion you already have or if it's not out of the way to stop at bath and body works they do have a line specifically for men.
If you are going to buy something else and don't want to buy the men's products (they seem to cost more there), I would go with a scent such as Dancing Waters, Juniper Breeze, Rain Kissed Leaves or Seaspray. Most of the others are more "girly". They are running a special now, buy 2 get 1 free. They are $10.50 each.
I definately would put the lotion in the package just so they couldn't say you didn't. If they don't want the lotion they will either give it away or just leave it in the room.

I thought Moose Trax was just trying to use what he had without having to go out and buy something else. The men guests can always give the lotion to someone else.
Sometimes I think we overthink these things...... Just my 2 cents..
Samster said:
Sometimes I think we overthink these things...... Just my 2 cents.
thumbs_up.gif

Burt's bees - we use it all the time. http://www.burtsbees.com/ strictly for men at Burt's http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/men/ I just saw they sell wholesale as well.
I freakin' love Burt and his Bees. I use only their products myself...shampoo, conditioner, lotions, moisturizers, soaps and lip balm. If I wore makeup, I'd use theirs. I'll have to check out the wholesale prices, I would love to offer them in my guestrooms.
Just so's you know, Burt was bought out years ago.

Burt's bees - we use it all the time. http://www.burtsbees.com/ strictly for men at Burt's http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/men/ I just saw they sell wholesale as well.
I freakin' love Burt and his Bees. I use only their products myself...shampoo, conditioner, lotions, moisturizers, soaps and lip balm. If I wore makeup, I'd use theirs. I'll have to check out the wholesale prices, I would love to offer them in my guestrooms.
I was speaking figuratively, not literally, as I've never met Burt or any of the bees, but thanks!

I was speaking figuratively, not literally, as I've never met Burt or any of the bees, but thanks!
Even the bees were replaced.
wink_smile.gif

Packages as ordered. It would be nice if the hand lotion wasn't a girly scent, but maybe the ladies are giving the guys a hint. My DH has dishpan hands and I make him wear the lotion under gloves every couple of months - otherwise, no touching..
Maybe more info needed- the person ordering the packages does not know the recipients personally. May ask if packages were received but probably not what was in them. All scents are flowery-fruity as purchased from Bath & Body Works. If they have a more masculine scent there I could drive over and get some at the mall. Does anyone know what they have?
MooseTrax said:
this is why i suggested swapping out the lotion. no harm in doing that as he could save the 'girly' scented stuff for the packages for other guests in future.
i think if the guys check in and the packages in the room are sort of guyish - oh brother how do i say this without sounding sexist??? - anyway, if the little room gifts seem like they are really for them, won't that make them feel super happy and special?
not to go overboard, but i think it's really nice, really sweet, that moose trax is giving this so much 'innkeeper thought'. shows he cares. (and i'm not flirting, i know the missus
wink_smile.gif
)

MooseTrax said:
this is why i suggested swapping out the lotion. no harm in doing that as he could save the 'girly' scented stuff for the packages for other guests in future.
i think if the guys check in and the packages in the room are sort of guyish - oh brother how do i say this without sounding sexist??? - anyway, if the little room gifts seem like they are really for them, won't that make them feel super happy and special?
not to go overboard, but i think it's really nice, really sweet, that moose trax is giving this so much 'innkeeper thought'. shows he cares. (and i'm not flirting, i know the missus
wink_smile.gif
)
After reading all of them, I think the idea of swapping out the girly scent for the more subtle scent is probably the way to go. Hopefully it doesn't put MT out on the road for an extended shopping trip. Bag Balm is a good idea, too, unless the guests are 'city slickers' in which case they may take it wrong or not get it at all.
When are these guests coming? Let us know how it turns out and what went into the package.

Thank you, thank you! So far everyone has liked everything. No time to run to the mall the other day as it's almost 2 hours away and nothing else was really needed from there. Had to go with what was on hand.

Here's how it panned out- all the flowers, baskets and lotions left behind. One room even left their gift card to a local store. Now it's just a matter of sorting thru all the floral arrangements and making up some bouquets to put around the inn. And, one room didn't come home last night! Could have rented that room 3 times over had I known. No loss, it was already paid for.

you just never know ...
dont you love flowers throughout the place? when i salvaged bouquets, i used to put one pretty flower in a tiny vase in every room and on the breakfast tables and here and there, on a random windowsill .... (remember the shrimp cocktail in glasses? had some of those as vases)

Here's how it panned out- all the flowers, baskets and lotions left behind. One room even left their gift card to a local store. Now it's just a matter of sorting thru all the floral arrangements and making up some bouquets to put around the inn. And, one room didn't come home last night! Could have rented that room 3 times over had I known. No loss, it was already paid for..
MooseTrax said:
Here's how it panned out- all the flowers, baskets and lotions left behind. One room even left their gift card to a local store. Now it's just a matter of sorting thru all the floral arrangements and making up some bouquets to put around the inn. And, one room didn't come home last night! Could have rented that room 3 times over had I known. No loss, it was already paid for.
What have we learned? As a general rule, guys don't like gift baskets unless they contain: Glenlivet 12-year Scotch whiskey, beef jerky and a copy of Playboy.
teeth_smile.gif

you just never know ...
dont you love flowers throughout the place? when i salvaged bouquets, i used to put one pretty flower in a tiny vase in every room and on the breakfast tables and here and there, on a random windowsill .... (remember the shrimp cocktail in glasses? had some of those as vases).
The flowers have been placed around the inn. Adds a nice touch I have to say. There were not many left once I got through picking them over.

Here's how it panned out- all the flowers, baskets and lotions left behind. One room even left their gift card to a local store. Now it's just a matter of sorting thru all the floral arrangements and making up some bouquets to put around the inn. And, one room didn't come home last night! Could have rented that room 3 times over had I known. No loss, it was already paid for..
Smart idea with the flowers. I do the same thing with bouquets that are left behind (I do have florist foam for them to take them with them or even a vase if they like). I always have fresh flowers in key spots and in all the occupied guest rooms - getting the extra flowers from a bouquet to add more is a great bonus!!
Since that one room was already paid for and you didn't have to make them breakfast either.

MooseTrax said:
What have we learned? As a general rule, guys don't like gift baskets unless they contain: Glenlivet 12-year Scotch whiskey, beef jerky and a copy of Playboy.
teeth_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
teeth_smile.gif
I am going to book a weekend down there in cognito one of these days because I just have to prove to myself that you are this hilarious in person.
wink_smile.gif

Going back a little bit and found this. We have changed that welcome package around now to be less gender oriented and more generic. We have decided to include local products instead of items from chain stores and think it will work out for the best with the new items.

Back