Another package, need more help!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooseTrax

Reaction score
Feel like a one armed paperhanger this week! Need a little more advice from the gang.
Three guests this weekend are getting a package. The package as purchased by the person paying for the rooms includes a bottle of hand lotion. The three people getting the package are all guys. Will they want the hand lotion? They don't know they're getting the package, it's been ordered for them. The person ordering the package knew what was in it and really liked it. Would you substitute something else for the hand lotion or just deliver the package as ordered? As far as I know the person ordering the packages will not be the recipient of all that hand lotion should the gentlemen not want it. There are a lot of other items in the package, but this one I'm not sure will be appreciated. Would a local food item be more in line?

Packages as ordered. It would be nice if the hand lotion wasn't a girly scent, but maybe the ladies are giving the guys a hint. My DH has dishpan hands and I make him wear the lotion under gloves every couple of months - otherwise, no touching.

Packages as ordered. It would be nice if the hand lotion wasn't a girly scent, but maybe the ladies are giving the guys a hint. My DH has dishpan hands and I make him wear the lotion under gloves every couple of months - otherwise, no touching..
Maybe more info needed- the person ordering the packages does not know the recipients personally. May ask if packages were received but probably not what was in them. All scents are flowery-fruity as purchased from Bath & Body Works. If they have a more masculine scent there I could drive over and get some at the mall. Does anyone know what they have?

Packages as ordered. It would be nice if the hand lotion wasn't a girly scent, but maybe the ladies are giving the guys a hint. My DH has dishpan hands and I make him wear the lotion under gloves every couple of months - otherwise, no touching..
Maybe more info needed- the person ordering the packages does not know the recipients personally. May ask if packages were received but probably not what was in them. All scents are flowery-fruity as purchased from Bath & Body Works. If they have a more masculine scent there I could drive over and get some at the mall. Does anyone know what they have?
MooseTrax said:
You could try to check their website before making the trip to see if their selections are on there.
I would trust the reservation maker to know what he was ordering.
Maybe the guests are gay? Not that it matters or that they'd like the flowery scented stuff, but even as a straight man fully in touch with both my masculine and feminine side, I'd like and accept a nice bottle of lotion.
We all need to take good care of our skin.
For as dry as it is here, I personally go through bottles and bottles of lotion per year. that's not even counting the gallons my much better half uses.

Put the packages in the rooms as ordered. The guys can re-gift the hand lotion if they don't want to keep it. You'd be surprised at the stuff that guys use for their personal grooming routine these days. They may really like the hand lotion!

Who is to say they won't like hand lotion? Men get try hands too.

DH had me order a supply of hand cream from a friend who does Avon - he does get dishpan hands the old-fashioned way! He uses it more than I do because I forget to put it on. Give it as ordered.

Can you elaborate a little on this package? A B&B package that includes a bottle of hand lotion from the shelves of Bath & Body Works is new to me.

A bottle of Cornhusker's Lotion might be more appropriate and actually be used.

A bottle of Cornhusker's Lotion might be more appropriate and actually be used..
SweetiePie said:
I was going to suggest that too. DW also gave me a tube of Neutrogena(sp?) hand cream that doesn't stink. This guy doesn't like perfumey stinky lotions.

Here is a page of their fragrances. There are some nice somewhat manly ones - I'd go for the citrus basil or coconut lime myself and the seaspray fragrance might work very well for you.

Here is a page of their fragrances. There are some nice somewhat manly ones - I'd go for the citrus basil or coconut lime myself and the seaspray fragrance might work very well for you.
Dug around in the cupboard where she keeps these things and found Country Apple, Sun-ripened Raspberry and Night-blooming Jasmine. Would any of these work? I like the apple one best, it's the least smelly. I have to drive down near the mall so I may just stop in anyway to see if they have any of those ones you mentioned. Just having them on the desk in the office is making my eyes water.

Can you elaborate a little on this package? A B&B package that includes a bottle of hand lotion from the shelves of Bath & Body Works is new to me..
TLE041 said:
Can you elaborate a little on this package? A B&B package that includes a bottle of hand lotion from the shelves of Bath & Body Works is new to me.
Not quite sure what you mean? A usual B&B package with little extras for the ladies. Only problem with it this time is it's all gentlemen but the package was ordered by a lady and she liked the way it sounded.

A bottle of Cornhusker's Lotion might be more appropriate and actually be used..
SweetiePie said:
I was going to suggest that too. DW also gave me a tube of Neutrogena(sp?) hand cream that doesn't stink. This guy doesn't like perfumey stinky lotions.
Proud Texan said:
SweetiePie said:
I'm a Bag Balm kind of guy myself. Heavy duty stuff for a heavy duty set of dry, cracked hands.

before the weekend gets here, stop in at a supermarket or drugstore (or natural store if you're so inclined) and pick up 1/2 dozen 'travel size' hand or face and body lotions in a neutral scent you think might be more suitable for men. then swap them out for the fruity scented lotion you think the men might not like.
Vaseline makes a nice men's body and face lotion
something comparable in price.
i have two sons. both very different. both use face lotion in the am and pm. one uses cool water, the others uses lubriderm.
absolutely give them lotion!
you're a guy, right? do you use lotion? if so, what do you like?

SweetiePie said:
Proud Texan said:
SweetiePie said:
I'm a Bag Balm kind of guy myself. Heavy duty stuff for a heavy duty set of dry, cracked hands.
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
I'm a Bag Balm kind of guy myself.
I was going to suggest Bag Balm but decided that would be too much for MooseT to handle...

I'd suggest Glysomed. It's a nice unisex lotion.
glysomed_products2.jpg

SweetiePie said:
Proud Texan said:
SweetiePie said:
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
I'm a Bag Balm kind of guy myself.
I was going to suggest Bag Balm but decided that would be too much for MooseT to handle...
bag balm ... great for cow udders, too.

I thought Moose Trax was just trying to use what he had without having to go out and buy something else. The men guests can always give the lotion to someone else.
Sometimes I think we overthink these things...... Just my 2 cents.

Back