Another question about a crazy guest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
So this woman books a one night through you know who whose name starts with b and end with ooking. Then she cancels, then she books a different day, then she cancels, then she books again, then cancels.
Can we block her? Should we?
We are not taking deposits because it’s, you know, B. So all it is is annoying.

I don’t think you can block her, but you can change your policy to require a deposit or cancellation fee. (Which you don’t actually have to charge, but it might slow her down.)
You could also contact her directly to ask if there’s anything you can help with to see what’s going on. Is she using the same credit card every time, or is she testing stolen cards?

We restrict summer weekends to two nights minimum. We haven’t added that restriction to May cuz people tend to come on short notice based on weather. To stop her, we restricted her two favorite weekends to two night minimums. Sort of a round about way, but haven’t heard from her since.

Card-testing got so bad that five years ago we required 100% Deposit at time of booking with Boo.

Did we possibly lose some potential customers? Probably.
Did the card testing, instant-cancellation and time-wasting BS stop?

You betcha.

Card-testing got so bad that five years ago we required 100% Deposit at time of booking with Boo.

Did we possibly lose some potential customers? Probably.
Did the card testing, instant-cancellation and time-wasting BS stop?

You betcha.
Yes, we did the same thing.

Update. She was quiet for awhile but just came back. Two separate bookings for two nights in a row. Mr. Beach recognized the name. He cancelled both and reported the name to b. Ooking. He then took a better look. Always the same number, always a different expiration date.

So this woman books a one night through you know who whose name starts with b and end with ooking. Then she cancels, then she books a different day, then she cancels, then she books again, then cancels.
Can we block her? Should we?
We are not taking deposits because it’s, you know, B. So all it is is annoying.
I was just looking at my cancelations and where they are coming from. BDC is the winner. Even though we charge their card in full at booking we still get them. So also charge a 5%cancelation fee to recoup the CC fee I definitely contact her to see what she is up to.

Back