Another set up question re RK and Gift Certificates

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I read the directions and wonder if there is another way to do this. I don't want a PayPal account, or for the guest to print their own or get emailed a gift certificate. I want to process the GC manually, send them a card we create in house. I would like it to work like a reservation. You buy a GC and the message comes thru like a room sale.
Is my only option to have someone call?
Also, how do I set up for GC's sold offline so there is a record online for when the GC is used? I see in the demo that 'New GC' is selected. but I don't see that on my page. Do I need to go thru the set up process first? (I will need to transfer over a couple of dozen GC's and need a way to do that.)

I process all of our GCs manually via credit card. No need for PayPal. I do indeed email the customized GC to them to print. Too many folks want them as last minute (literally) gifts these days, it functions well. And has made life oh so easier. Be sure people are filling in the TO: & FROM: fields and including a personal message if so desired.
When purchased, guests are given a lengthy redemption code that gets entered when they (or you) do the reservation. This code is automatically used to track by RK. If you created your own, you'd have to use their random redemption code to track. There is no logical or feasible way to track prior non-system GCs. I have always maintained a list of Gifts Sold and Redeemed for each year for tax purposes.
Yes, you have to set up. It's self-explanatory under Websites>Gift Certificates.

I process all of our GCs manually via credit card. No need for PayPal. I do indeed email the customized GC to them to print. Too many folks want them as last minute (literally) gifts these days, it functions well. And has made life oh so easier. Be sure people are filling in the TO: & FROM: fields and including a personal message if so desired.
When purchased, guests are given a lengthy redemption code that gets entered when they (or you) do the reservation. This code is automatically used to track by RK. If you created your own, you'd have to use their random redemption code to track. There is no logical or feasible way to track prior non-system GCs. I have always maintained a list of Gifts Sold and Redeemed for each year for tax purposes.
Yes, you have to set up. It's self-explanatory under Websites>Gift Certificates..
Seriously, if it was self explanatory I would not be asking.
I will consider the transferred GC's as 'new sales' if I could figure out how to create a GC to start with. I will add the code myself as no one will be able to add something they don't have.

Transferred GCs new sales?? Or do you mean new manual entries for old GCs that RK generates a code for?

Yes, you have to set up. It's self-explanatory under Websites>Gift Certificates..
I will consider the transferred GC's as 'new sales' if I could figure out how to create a GC to start with. I will add the code myself as no one will be able to add something they don't have.
Dupe.

I just looked at the set up. No mysteries. Nothing's changed. Which section is giving you difficulty?

I just looked at the set up. No mysteries. Nothing's changed. Which section is giving you difficulty?
Momma Smurf said:
I did not have the 'New GC' link. I have it now. Now I can set up all my old GC's in RK.
I did not have any of the additional links the 10 times I looked at the page. No 'view,' no 'create,' no 'view GC page.' I did not have any of it. You see how it might be difficult to set up a GC if you don't have the link to do it. ;-)

Momma Smurf said:
I did not have the 'New GC' link. I have it now. Now I can set up all my old GC's in RK.
I did not have any of the additional links the 10 times I looked at the page. No 'view,' no 'create,' no 'view GC page.' I did not have any of it. You see how it might be difficult to set up a GC if you don't have the link to do it. ;-)
All you had to do was ask
wink_smile.gif

Momma Smurf said:
wink_smile.gif

Generic said:
wink_smile.gif
Yup! Thanks!

Back