Another Small World Story

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Guest arrive .... all booked over internet - live in Jersey City.
Turns out they're British ... so am I
Turns out she works in my old building in NYC
Turns out they found out about this place talking to a really super couple they met in a bar in JC ..... who they are now very close to.
Turns out that couple are our oldest friends in the US .... he was the best man at our wedding.

People come into our lives for a reason ... meant to be :)

OK, I can't top Tipsy but this morning our guests say to us, 'We didn't know this famous explorer lived in your house!' Then proceed to tell us same famous explorer was a friend of their family and always used to pull into port to visit them on his expeditions. Tomorrow I will haul out all the stuff we have and show them.

Small world alert - two sets of guests at the table. One from Maryland the other from Dallas TX.
The men both graduated from Virginia Tech - 2 years apart, so they would have been on campus at the same time.
whattha.gif

Guest arrive .... all booked over internet - live in Jersey City.
Turns out they're British ... so am I
Turns out she works in my old building in NYC
Turns out they found out about this place talking to a really super couple they met in a bar in JC ..... who they are now very close to.
Turns out that couple are our oldest friends in the US .... he was the best man at our wedding.
it is very true that we are all connected in closer ways than what we will probably ever realize. just like the six degrees of seperation experiment.

My sister and her husband are visiting, and we also have a couple from Illinois. Woman in that couple used to work in the same school as my sister and lived in her same town in VA. Then my best friends son in law comes in...and the man in that couple goes gaa gaa over the cap he is wearing. Kid got the cap at Walmart on sale. Cap has the logo from a small private college the man went to in southeastern PA, and the college just changed their name the year previous. In two weeks this man is going to a reunion at the college with a bunch of his old college buddies, so he goes to wallmart here in our town..2300 miles from PA and buys up all the hats to take 'em to his reunion. Happy Camper.

My sister and her husband are visiting, and we also have a couple from Illinois. Woman in that couple used to work in the same school as my sister and lived in her same town in VA. Then my best friends son in law comes in...and the man in that couple goes gaa gaa over the cap he is wearing. Kid got the cap at Walmart on sale. Cap has the logo from a small private college the man went to in southeastern PA, and the college just changed their name the year previous. In two weeks this man is going to a reunion at the college with a bunch of his old college buddies, so he goes to wallmart here in our town..2300 miles from PA and buys up all the hats to take 'em to his reunion. Happy Camper..
See - Walmart is not such a bad place after all!

This is not crazy or unbelievable but mentionable: We have guests here from St Thomas Ontario (13 hours drive away from here - (they drove straight through) and I mentioned we have another room from Ontario checking in tonight from St Catharines - they laughed and said that is only a couple hours from them.
Here is some useless trivia for you if interested (I learn from all of our guests):
St Thomas - Jumbo (the elephant) died here on September 15, 1885, when a locomotive crashed into him. There is a life-sized commemorative statue that was erected in 1985, on the centennial of Jumbo's demise.
More on Jumbo Here
St. Catharines carries the official nickname "The Garden City" due to its 1,000 acres (4 km²) of meticulously groomed parks, gardens and trails. St. Catharines lies on one of the main telecommunications backbones between Canada and the United States, and as a result a number of call centres operate in the city. It is in he Niagra Region and has the Welland Canal.

This is not crazy or unbelievable but mentionable: We have guests here from St Thomas Ontario (13 hours drive away from here - (they drove straight through) and I mentioned we have another room from Ontario checking in tonight from St Catharines - they laughed and said that is only a couple hours from them.
Here is some useless trivia for you if interested (I learn from all of our guests):
St Thomas - Jumbo (the elephant) died here on September 15, 1885, when a locomotive crashed into him. There is a life-sized commemorative statue that was erected in 1985, on the centennial of Jumbo's demise.
More on Jumbo Here
St. Catharines carries the official nickname "The Garden City" due to its 1,000 acres (4 km²) of meticulously groomed parks, gardens and trails. St. Catharines lies on one of the main telecommunications backbones between Canada and the United States, and as a result a number of call centres operate in the city. It is in he Niagra Region and has the Welland Canal..
Joey, you are always full of fun and interesting facts!

Back