Another Virginia inn for sale, ahem lodge

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ghee o' wheez! This is not a B & B..just a ski lodge. Never heard of it before. GOod luck with this one.

No way that rates of $89 support $1.5m with 6 rooms.

Is the nearly 15 acre location worth that kind of money in that area? I'm not familiar, but this might be one of those cases where somebody buys it to build a McMansion on.

It also said something about a posible location for a hotel...maybe they are trying to sell the idea of a resort location with different styles of lodging.

It also said something about a posible location for a hotel...maybe they are trying to sell the idea of a resort location with different styles of lodging..
Been there ,the restaurant sits on a cliff/hill over looking Bayse Va, resort. Old but a very beautiful area and close to one of the ski lifts. Mary in Bwater.

No way that rates of $89 support $1.5m with 6 rooms..
Restaurant, too. It still may be hard to support the price, but maybe the restaurant makes some money.
muirford said:
Restaurant, too. It still may be hard to support the price, but maybe the restaurant makes some money.
Restaurant closed.
It is just like everything else around here. They think they can get big Bucks for something and it won't happen. Several big places have gone under the auction hammer. And there they sit now..empty and owned by the bank.

No way that rates of $89 support $1.5m with 6 rooms..
muirford said:
Restaurant closed.
Here's my take....owning a B&B is hard work. Owning a successful restaurant is very hard work. People don't get it when they buy into the "romance" of doing either.

It is like a lot of places round me for sale they are not asking mad prices but the problem is you would need a large at least 60% deposit to make it make money and people just don't have that kind of money and frankly banks are not lending anyone any money. I think if you are taking on anything right now you have to run the numbers very carefully and have a lot of money in the bank in advance.

Back