Another website that lifts your information

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Here is another website that lifts your information - so it shows this CHECK AVAILABILITY and goes to find you the best rates - of course it does nothing. It is not hooked into our availability calendar nor can it check rates!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR
click here and see if you are listed This is the VA page.

and this one which was emailing every week. They lifted our photos and some info but have no contact information and incorrect stuff like CASH only on ours. oh brother!

Here is another one...gee what a lovely photo!.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Here is another one...gee what a lovely photo!
YEAH, like that kind of picture would make someone want to stay!
thumbs_down.gif

remember a lot of these places are pulling from GDS / travel sites such as expedia, hotels.com etc .... I believe it's called free enterprise and I am sure buried deep is come clause saying that they do not represent you directly.
In most cases where someone tries to book thru these sites, they will either get a "no avail" or it will pull from somewhere that you do have availability, like hotels.com. Nothing you can do about that.
Now..... before the sharks come out and attack my statement, I am not defending them or saying it is right, but this is just one of the downsides of the internet and the electronic age.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Here is another website that lifts your information - so it shows this CHECK AVAILABILITY and goes to find you the best rates - of course it does nothing. It is not hooked into our availability calendar nor can it check rates!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR
click here and see if you are listed This is the VA page.
No, but they have Akron and Canton (east of me) listed as Northwest Ohio... if they did have me they wouldn't know where to put me (I'm right where regions meet, regardless of how you split up the state).
=)
Kk.

I went to one and put in dates but it came back as no room available but it gave me a list of 3 hotels that had openings..

I went to one and put in dates but it came back as no room available but it gave me a list of 3 hotels that had openings...
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
I went to one and put in dates but it came back as no room available but it gave me a list of 3 hotels that had openings..
This is what will happen. They show MY place listed, then it show no availaibility. JERKS!

remember a lot of these places are pulling from GDS / travel sites such as expedia, hotels.com etc .... I believe it's called free enterprise and I am sure buried deep is come clause saying that they do not represent you directly.
In most cases where someone tries to book thru these sites, they will either get a "no avail" or it will pull from somewhere that you do have availability, like hotels.com. Nothing you can do about that.
Now..... before the sharks come out and attack my statement, I am not defending them or saying it is right, but this is just one of the downsides of the internet and the electronic age..
agoodman said:
Now..... before the sharks come out and attack my statement, I am not defending them or saying it is right, but this is just one of the downsides of the internet and the electronic age.
I know it. It is the WWW.
This is why I google our place every few months to see where we show up. I am on page 3 and 4 of google, FORTUNATELY. For those of us who are not on ANY GDS this sucks! They are only gathering inns to look the part. Noone of us have signed up with any of these. GUESTS of course do not know this.
If I could shout it from the mountains I would - BOOK DIRECTLY THROUGH THE INN! PLEASE!!!!! This is the other reason I don't even like having availability checks on the likes of our directories like BBonline and BandB.com

I went to one and put in dates but it came back as no room available but it gave me a list of 3 hotels that had openings...
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
This is what will happen. They show MY place listed, then it show no availaibility. JERKS!
Is there ANYTHING that you can do about this?

GeorgiaGirl25 said:
penelope said:
nope

maybe we should just say a quiet thank you for the free exposure ? LOL

maybe we should just say a quiet thank you for the free exposure ? LOL.
agoodman said:
I don't understand. Besides three ocassions having people show up at my door who have paid for rooms demanding they have a reservation, through the BOGUS websites with no real booking, what free exposure? They are showing NO availability, how is that helping me?

agoodman said:
I don't understand. Besides three ocassions having people show up at my door who have paid for rooms demanding they have a reservation, through the BOGUS websites with no real booking, what free exposure? They are showing NO availability, how is that helping me?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
agoodman said:
I don't think it's good free exposure either. If I was a newbie looking for a b&b, didn't know much or anything about Trip Advisor, etc., I would google the city I was going to. The link's that I click on might or might not be the Inn's webpage. Let's say for example I got your Inn, agoodman but the page I clicked on said there was no availability for my dates (but you really DID have rooms), but here's a list of all the hotels/motels that DO have availability, I would probably explore those places...if I found one that suited me I would probably just book one of them which means that you didn't gain anything from being listed. At least that's my take on it

agoodman said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
agoodman said:
Also meant to say, that sucks about people making & paying for reservations that are bogus! Bad for both the guest as well as the Innkeeper, how do you explain that to the guests standing at your door?!

agoodman said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
agoodman said:
Also meant to say, that sucks about people making & paying for reservations that are bogus! Bad for both the guest as well as the Innkeeper, how do you explain that to the guests standing at your door?!
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
agoodman said:
LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG STORY! I will try to put it on here later on. Not a good one either. Try convincing someone who traveled 8 hours that NO YOU DID NOT BOOK THROUGH US, WE HAVE NO ROOMS AVAILABLE.

Back