Another Wedding Horror Story

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unbelievable....a week has past since I posted the original horror wedding e-mail I get another e-mail from my friend and this weekend she had another horror wedding!
"Another interesting wedding....I only have interesting weddings.
The bride and groom were young, only mid 20's and working on masters degree. They were a really sweet couple however their "friends" were an interesting lot. The only thing they were working on was destroying their liver. They began drinking hard alcohol shortly after breakfast, for all I know they never quit from the night before. During breakfast I over heard one of the "friends" tell a group of guys they were making a booze run; she needed a fifth of whiskey. I could not help myself so I looked at her with my please let this not be happening again and I am about to explode into screaming out of control Innkeeper look; she obviously mis-read my expression. With a very straight face she asked if I was jealous; if I wanted they would be happy to pick me up a fifth. "You have got to be kidding, do I look like I am jealous". I said. What I really wanted was to kick her out of the Lodge, but not before she cleaned the carnage in the bathroom from the night before. With bare hands, on her hands and knees and with a toothpick!!!
Wedding came and as usual, very loud. About 9:00 I heard some popping sound. My first thought was that someone was shooting a gun, then when the popping did not go away, DH and I realized they were shooting off fireworks; big fireworks, big illegal fireworks. Good thing it rained yesterday!
They trashed my rooms, left garbage and cigarette butts everywhere including rooms. Filled my dumpster with enough garbage that I have to call for a special pick up. Here is the hilarious part; they are the typical into saving the planet, vegetarians...bla,bla,bla.
I love my job, I love my job, I love my job.
Only one wedding left. I keep telling myself I am getting $6 grand a weekend. I am raising my fee.".
We don't host weddings but we get a lot of wedding guests, parents of bridal couple, etc. This weekend as an example. 3 different weddings booked rooms rooms with us. Out of 7 rooms, 4 rooms did not eat breakfast and did not bother to tell us they were not eating. I gave a whole quiche to my friend who fed it to her kids.
One room clearly stated there were 2 guests staying even tho the bride dropped off 4 gift bags. You got it, they lied. They snuck out at 7:30 AM and left the heat blasting, the TV on, all the lights on and all their wet towels on the chairs. Too hard to drop them on the bathroom floor I guess.
Even groups don't tend to behave as poorly as wedding guests.

Before you can choose your perfect wedding venue, you need to decide which factors are right for you. Consider these questions when visiting your wedding venue before making that all important booking for your special wedding day.Guys if you are looking for wedding hall or venues for your big day then i have seen a website over the internet you can visit it and collect details about wedding venues greater manchester.

do you bring in serving help ... a couple at home moms or dads or local students? for parking, setup, serving and cleanup?.
Yes, I'll have two other ladies to help with food prep. and serving and cleaning up. And, my son is coming from 5 hours away to tend bar for them (their liquor, not mine). He'll help with parking before the wedding and clean up on Sunday. The next issue is that I'm totally full Sunday night with all different people after we say Bye-bye to the wedding folks hopefully by Noon on Sunday. Have two other ladies to help get everything turned in four hours on Sunday (20 beds - 12 bathrooms). I very seldom go from one full house to another same day, and wouldn't last long if I did.
sunburst2 said:
Yes, I'll have two other ladies to help with food prep. and serving and cleaning up. And, my son is coming from 5 hours away to tend bar for them (their liquor, not mine). He'll help with parking before the wedding and clean up on Sunday. The next issue is that I'm totally full Sunday night with all different people after we say Bye-bye to the wedding folks hopefully by Noon on Sunday. Have two other ladies to help get everything turned in four hours on Sunday (20 beds - 12 bathrooms). I very seldom go from one full house to another same day, and wouldn't last long if I did.
How did the weekend go? Hopefully better than Diva's friend!
By your picture I'd guess you might be in or near Savannah?
I grew up in walking distance of Forsyth Park, back in the days when a kid could wander a distance from home safely.
Savannah will always be "home", but I'm not a fan of hot weather so ran away to a cooler climate.

I am always perplexed when a really old thread pops up..
seashanty said:
I am always perplexed when a really old thread pops up.
Don't be - it was a spammer. They hit a couple of old wedding threads it seems. (Ya gotta get up earlier - the spam monitors on here are awesomely quick to shut them down!)

haha - I am out taking sunrise pictures but I don't often come in here at dawn! How do they find the old threads? years old? I guess I don't need to know, just so curious.

haha - I am out taking sunrise pictures but I don't often come in here at dawn! How do they find the old threads? years old? I guess I don't need to know, just so curious..
They're either searching for specific phrases or they just think going back a few years will hide the link where it will sit giving link love to the spam site.
Good for you out taking pix! I keep saying I'm going to do that.

Back