Anti-Vax Guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic

Reaction score
Well, they have left. Now on the DNB list... but none of which is because of their vax status. We caught them walking around in the public space with no mask when we weren't around. They were very demanding. They lowered the AC to 62F and then pulled out the extra blanket. And they disconnected the AirFree purifier in the room.

It isn't about their choice, though, to push your risks on others doesn't seem appropriate. But your just a dick... putting the AC down only to use a blanket... and it just seems malevolent to disconnect the air purifier, which is about my personal safety.

Next Wednesday, you have to show a pass to eat breakfast.... can't wait. Haven't decided what to do with those who don't have the pass... do we offer breakfast that you can take to the room... or is it no breakfast at all? Still have to ask the government, we may not be allowed to serve them breakfast at all... just a "to go" bag to eat off premises.

Still have to ask the government, we may not be allowed to serve them breakfast at all... just a "to go" bag to eat off premises.
I'm thinking they could stand on the city sidewalk and you could toss them scones from your balcony. Maybe award points depending on whether they catch it on the fly or on just one bounce.

A-holes are going to be a-holes. The only difference is that with masking rules, it's easier to spot them. And avoid them.

A-holes are going to be a-holes. The only difference is that with masking rules, it's easier to spot them. And avoid them.

I wish the cops would respond really quick... at $400 a pop, that's a heck of a ticket. And each time it goes up until it's $6000 a shot.

Wow no restrictions here in charlottesville for anyone. Except of course, public transport and at health care facilities. Must suck to have to live with Nazi rules!

First of all... both my parents are holocaust survivors... my great grandfather was shot, point blank and murdered by the Nazis. Maybe it's time to stop using that word, when it just doesn't suit?

I'm grateful for the rules. It's kept a LOT of people alive... and a lot of families still have mothers and fathers and grandparents because people wore masks in all public places. It's a small price to pay to preserve human life.

But your just a dick... putting the AC down only to use a blanket...
But consider that we are all different people, we all want others to accept our differences but are quick to judge them for theirs.

I'd be okay on the vaccine and mask part but I'm a winter person, I like the weight of cover and a cold room, the unit in my bedroom gets turned down every night, on the other hand, I'm cheap on winter heating as the heat is usually set on 63

Wow no restrictions here in charlottesville for anyone. Except of course, public transport and at health care facilities. Must suck to have to live with Nazi rules!
this is why we cancelled our vacation to the Carolinas and will, instead, vacation in New England and New York. And why I will never set foot in Florida again. A killer virus is not something to ignore.

this is why we cancelled our vacation to the Carolinas and will, instead, vacation in New England and New York. And why I will never set foot in Florida again. A killer virus is not something to ignore.

The US death rate has run 3/4 of 1% for the past 40 years. Last year was no exception. WHY??? Have you not been vaccinated????

Go get your vaccine and then you never have to worry about it. That is how vaccines work! You can't fix stupid but if you choose to not get vaccinated oh well... If you have been vaccinated and you are still hiding then you are beyond hope because you never learned how vaccines work.

The US death rate has run 3/4 of 1% for the past 40 years. Last year was no exception. WHY??? Have you not been vaccinated????

Go get your vaccine and then you never have to worry about it. That is how vaccines work! You can't fix stupid but if you choose to not get vaccinated oh well... If you have been vaccinated and you are still hiding then you are beyond hope because you never learned how vaccines work.
I’m vaccinated. I’m still not going to travel to places where the vaccination rate is abysmal and people don’t take it seriously until they’re on a ventilator. It’s not stupid to be cautious when the virus continues to present new versions of itself. Vaccinated people are still getting sick. Thankfully, not as sick as they could be.

Vaccinated people are still getting sick. Thankfully, not as sick as they could be.
Exactly! I don't want to get sick, even a little bit sick, or risk worse, so I've started sanitizing and masking again, when I go in a public place. Getting carry out from restaurants. Using Walmart's delivery to the car trunk service. I get my 3rd (booster) injection in early October, and even then I'll continue to be careful, because it's just not the same virus from last year. It's much worse. More infectious and makes people more sick.

After our healthy 32 year old daughter and BF who were fully Pfizer vaccinated by May 12th ) both tested positive with symptomatic COVID (sore throat, headache, burning chest, loss of taste and smell, losing 10 days of work telecommuting due to fatigue) a few weeks ago (in a highly vaxxed area where they did not engage in CDC unsafe practices), we too are masked up and require all those who are not vaccinated to be masked. Those of us who are NOT stupid are well aware of the unreported breakthrough cases that are exponentially occurring due to the increased viral load and ability of Delta to transmit. Spreading false information continues to make folks stupid.

Last edited:
Momma, I’m very sorry to hear about your daughter and bf. I hope they recover fully.

Technically, it's called "excess deaths" and the CDC has the count Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19

The thing is, the number could have been a lot worse without the shutdowns. But just to compare two countries, right next to each other... 1935 per million dead versus 702 per million dead. And last week, death rate was 16 per million versus 2 per million. Assuming that masks were saving 14 per million... and there are 333 million people in the US, that's 4662 people per week less excess deaths.

Not too happy to be called stupid in public here. Also, for the record, I’m not stupid.

Then you must already be familiar with the United Nations data below. It shows that US death rates went down from 2017 to 2018 and down again from 2018 to 2019, stayed statistically even from 2019 to 2020 and is projected to go even further down for 2021. The lowest death rate, as a percentage of population in the history or the United States during the "pandemic" It is NOT how many died, it is the percentage of the population.

Another sad fact is that in the United States the average Body Mass Index of someone who died from Covid was 31.8 THAT IS OBESE and indicates the person was already in an unhealthy condition, their excess mass was putting them at risk for heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, gall bladder disease, circulation problems, and some cancers.

The more ya know.

I know reading the actual data takes effort but it is worth it.

Suggested reading would be:
humanprogress.org
United Nations data.un.org
hopkinsmedicine.org

and the world's most respected covid source is the Mayo Clinic at newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/dont-get-covid-19-booster-vaccine-too-soon/
Of course I can lead a horse to water but I can't make you wear a saddle.

Attachments

• UN death data.JPG
    UN death data.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
Well. I stand corrected. Apparently masking rules aren't the only way to spot them.

Charlottesville Virginia is 90% Democrat. We have a city council that is 100% Democrat. Our County Board of Supervisors is 100% Democrat. I am the local chair of the Democratic Party.

The difference is we are a highly academic community due to the University of Virginia being located here. 27% of adults have a Master's or PhD and 68% of adults are college graduates. Only Brookline Massachusetts beats us in our per capita education and only Palo Alto Ca beats us in overall score.

We actually 'follow the science' so, even loyal Democrats are allowed to think for themselves here.

The more ya know.
Fresh Off the Press CDC Morbidity & Mortality Report Today :
During December 14, 2020–August 14, 2021, full vaccination with COVID-19 vaccines was 80% effective in preventing RT-PCR–confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection among frontline workers, further affirming the highly protective benefit of full vaccination up to and through the most recent summer U.S. COVID-19 pandemic waves. The VE point estimates declined from 91% before predominance of the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant to 66% since the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant became predominant at the HEROES-RECOVER cohort study sites

KEY: VE has declined to 66% v 91%
You can't "just set it and forget it" anymore re Delta. Times Are a Changing. #SCIENCE #MASKBACKUP #BECONSIDERATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back