Any Breakfast Suggestions for Using Prosciutto?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
I have some lovely prosciutto which came sliced and separated. I've used it in a frittata and wrapped around a melon slice. Do you have any suggestions how I can incorporate it into our breakfast?

How about doing Eggs Benedict with an Italian twist (Eggs Benito?). Use the prosciutto in place of regular ham and replace the hollandaise with a dollop of basil aioli or even a balsamic vinaigrette. You could really carry through the Italian theme and use sliced focaccia instead of english muffins, and maybe include some baby arugula in the the stack.
Something entirely different: you could line muffin cups with the prosciutto, crack an egg in each cup, sprinkle with basil and parmesan, then bake until the egg whites are firm.
Mmm. I love a nice piece of prosciutto.

Breakfast Diva said:
I have some lovely prosciutto which came sliced and separated. I've used it in a frittata and wrapped around a melon slice. Do you have any suggestions how I can incorporate it into our breakfast?
I have done this once and it was hugely received. We served it as a side meat by frying it in a tiny bit of olive oil. I think I found the idea on Epicurious.com
also, when I had one that did not like eggs, I served it wrapped around roasted asparagus on top of a puff pastry shell (bake the shell, don't take the top off but cut it in half to make two cups) with hollandaise sauce. This way, I could do the eggs and proscuitto with H sauce for the wife that loved eggs.
I have also served it with canteloupe for the fruit appetizer
For check in if you do cheese and want to do a wow my mother's favorite appetizer was chunks of swiss cheese with a bit of proscuitto wrapped around it secured with a toothpick.
RIki

Wow, thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to trying out some of these recipes.

How about doing Eggs Benedict with an Italian twist (Eggs Benito?). Use the prosciutto in place of regular ham and replace the hollandaise with a dollop of basil aioli or even a balsamic vinaigrette. You could really carry through the Italian theme and use sliced focaccia instead of english muffins, and maybe include some baby arugula in the the stack.
Something entirely different: you could line muffin cups with the prosciutto, crack an egg in each cup, sprinkle with basil and parmesan, then bake until the egg whites are firm.
Mmm. I love a nice piece of prosciutto..
Yummy! I like the focaccia idea.

wrap it around some asparagus & toss it on the BBQ grill for a few minutes

I use a Rachel Ray recipe, where the proscutto is layered in the bottom of a muffin tin. Then you pour in a leeks & cheese mixture and top it with an egg. YUM!

Back