Any good zucchini recipes?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendydk

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good baked recipes for a breakfast side using zucchini or summer squash (instead of potatoes)? Suddenly, we have squash coming out of our ears!

This reminds me of something that was in Reader's Digest years ago.
A tourist in a coastal Maine town had just gotten out of his car. A local man asked, "Did you lock your car?" The man replied, "No, do you have a problem with stolen cars here?" "No", came the answer. "Zucchini season!"

Not so much for a side dish, but this is my favorite Zucchini Recipe:
[h2]Zucchini Bread Recipe[/h2] [h3]Ingredients[/h3] 2 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups grated fresh zucchini
2/3 cup melted unsalted butter
2 teaspoons baking soda
Pinch salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
[h3]Method[/h3] 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in the grated zucchini and then the melted butter. Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour, a third at a time. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix. Fold in the nuts and dried cranberries or raisins if using.
2 Divide the batter equally between 2 buttered 5 by 9 inch loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour (check for doneness at 50 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.
Makes 2 loaves.

We have had so much zuchinni from the garden this year. I am so totally tired of it. I have made lots of breads, cakes, etc etc. Here's my favorite recipe:
Zucchini Pineapple Bread
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 1/2 t vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 t Baking powder
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped nuts or coconut ( Optional)
Start by beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until they are creamy.Then, add the grated zucchini.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in another bowl and then stir it into the egg mixture.
Stir until mostly smooth and then add the crushed pineapple and coconut. Stir until batter is smooth.
Pour into greased loaf pans or muffin pans - makes two regular size loaves.
Bake at 350 for about 1 hour -- less time if your are making muffins or smaller loafs.

How about Zucchini Patties?
I have never made them personally, but I have gotten something similar at a resturant..
I used to make these alot. But I am not into frying any more so haven't done any this year. we had lots of eggplant as well and I did make eggplant parmesan but again, we just don't like frying so once or twice was enough of that.

Back