Any recent issues with Webervations?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Just noticed that my Webervations is showing a booking for tomorrow evening. I never received an email for this reservation, never processed a confirmation/deposit, etc. The only reason I even saw it is that a woman left a phone message asking if we had any availability, I clicked on our online availability calendar to see as I did not have my book in front of me, and saw the room this woman was looking for blocked off.
No way to tell until tomorrow if the guest shows up or not, this has never happened before and I was just wondering if there were any recent known issues for anyone using Webervations.

What date did the guest book? That would seem to me to be the date the issue happened. You may want to do a search for any other bookings for that date, to make sure that was the only one that slipped through the cracks!
And if you would be so kind as to post that date here, so the rest of us can check our bookings! Thanks in advance!

What date did the guest book? That would seem to me to be the date the issue happened. You may want to do a search for any other bookings for that date, to make sure that was the only one that slipped through the cracks!
And if you would be so kind as to post that date here, so the rest of us can check our bookings! Thanks in advance!.
Good idea, the booking came through on 7/9 (last Friday) according to the Webervations Reservation Review.
But Webervations sorts my resevations by date of arrival, not date of booking so I wonder how you can search this? If you download guest data does it give you date of booking? I am going to try this now.
Answered my own question, when you Download Guest Data is does give you date of booking, this was the only one that seems to have "slipped through". Here's hoping they are actual guests who show up tomorrow!

And if you would be so kind as to post that date here, so the rest of us can check our bookings! Thanks in advance!.
Good idea, the booking came through on 7/9 (last Friday) according to the Webervations Reservation Review.
But Webervations sorts my resevations by date of arrival, not date of booking so I wonder how you can search this? If you download guest data does it give you date of booking? I am going to try this now.
Answered my own question, when you Download Guest Data is does give you date of booking, this was the only one that seems to have "slipped through". Here's hoping they are actual guests who show up tomorrow!
Do you use Night Clerk? Under the Guest Tracking tab the first choice is to search by 'locate by booking date'.

I had one on the 13th that did not come through on email. I just happened to look at my bookings and saw the reservation. There were 3 other reservations on the same day that I did receive an email for. Not sure why the one didn't come over, but glad I checked my webervations page.

Unfortunately the common causes for not receiving the Webervations reservation emails that come to you and/or your customers are uncontrollable by the Webervations system. The common causes I speak of range from the email address being entered incorrectly, being placed in a Spam / Junk box, stopped by anti-virus/malware/spyware programs, or filtered / blocked by firewalls on your system. These causes are all the localized issues in which can be configured and checked by yourself or your IT staff.
If you have your emails forwarded from the email address within the Webervations to another email address to check with the original email address account and not the email address that you ultimately receive the email at. For instance if your reservation email address within Webervations is [email protected], but you have this address forwarding your emails to [email protected] then you will need to check the [email protected] setting.
Additional causes that typically can’t be fixed /configured by you or your IT staff are IP address filtering, Server-side message filtering, Server-side anti-virus/malware/spyware program blocks, etc… These items are handled by the email administrator for the reservation email address that we send to. Sadly these server settings and filtering parameters can change on a daily, if not hourly, basis.
If you’ve checked all the settings on your computers and still find that you’re not receiving the reservation emails please contact your email administrator and request that they stop filtering/blocking and emails that come from the @webervations.com address and if they need our IP address from which we send from they are listed below:
Keep in mind that a quick resolution to this would be to simply change the email address of which you’re receiving the reservation email at to a temporary address till your email provider has resolved the issue and can confirm that the emails will be successfully delivered. We recommend Gmail addresses as they are quite reliable, easy to use, and have as of yet filtered our IP addresses or domain address.
As always please contact us if you have further questions, comments, or concerns regarding the Webervations system.Thank you,
Adam Strickland
Support Staff Supervisor for Webervations
http://www.webervations.com
Phone: 740-380-3807
Email: [email protected]

Unfortunately the common causes for not receiving the Webervations reservation emails that come to you and/or your customers are uncontrollable by the Webervations system. The common causes I speak of range from the email address being entered incorrectly, being placed in a Spam / Junk box, stopped by anti-virus/malware/spyware programs, or filtered / blocked by firewalls on your system. These causes are all the localized issues in which can be configured and checked by yourself or your IT staff.
If you have your emails forwarded from the email address within the Webervations to another email address to check with the original email address account and not the email address that you ultimately receive the email at. For instance if your reservation email address within Webervations is [email protected], but you have this address forwarding your emails to [email protected] then you will need to check the [email protected] setting.
Additional causes that typically can’t be fixed /configured by you or your IT staff are IP address filtering, Server-side message filtering, Server-side anti-virus/malware/spyware program blocks, etc… These items are handled by the email administrator for the reservation email address that we send to. Sadly these server settings and filtering parameters can change on a daily, if not hourly, basis.
If you’ve checked all the settings on your computers and still find that you’re not receiving the reservation emails please contact your email administrator and request that they stop filtering/blocking and emails that come from the @webervations.com address and if they need our IP address from which we send from they are listed below:
Keep in mind that a quick resolution to this would be to simply change the email address of which you’re receiving the reservation email at to a temporary address till your email provider has resolved the issue and can confirm that the emails will be successfully delivered. We recommend Gmail addresses as they are quite reliable, easy to use, and have as of yet filtered our IP addresses or domain address.
As always please contact us if you have further questions, comments, or concerns regarding the Webervations system.Thank you,
Adam Strickland
Email: [email protected].
Hi Adam!
Thanks for posting this info here. My issue seems to be a one time thing, I usually have absolutely no problems with my Webervations emails coming through. I just happened to catch this one and I really don't know how/when/why it would have gotten missed.
The guest has 2 more hours to get here before I write it off!

Rupert:
I hope so as well. Hopefully they show up for their reservation and are able to enjoy their stay at your facility.
Adam Strickland
Email: [email protected]

Guests just arrived, thank goodness I caught this yesterday, I didn't need to look like an idiot, YAY!
I think this is a sign that it's time to do a "make sure the book matches Webervations" exercise. Since changing to almost exclusively online reservations we have avoided any snafu's with double booking that we used to have but it's not a bad idea to go through and double check everything again.

What a happy ending
teeth_smile.gif

Back