Any suggestions for the Connecticut shore or Long Island?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Looking for a place to take my mom for a mini vacation. Any suggestions in the above areas? Has to be shore, need 2 beds (mom says my elbows are too sharp!). Other places will do as long as it is shore and not more than 2-3 hours drive from NYC. (Not Jersey, too far for me.)

Only where NOT to stay...............
How about our inn-mate in CT? Drawing a blank (bad last 3 days - had to listen to a retired professor who is deaf pontificate/shout) but it is something Irish.

How about our inn-mate in CT? Drawing a blank (bad last 3 days - had to listen to a retired professor who is deaf pontificate/shout) but it is something Irish..
gillumhouse said:
How about our inn-mate in CT? Drawing a blank (bad last 3 days - had to listen to a retired professor who is deaf pontificate/shout) but it is something Irish.
She's in New Haven

How about our inn-mate in CT? Drawing a blank (bad last 3 days - had to listen to a retired professor who is deaf pontificate/shout) but it is something Irish..
Not shore. Has to be shore.

Mystic CT? Cute town, on the water although not really beachy. There are lots of B&Bs and hotels there - we stayed at the Norwich Inn many, many years ago but there are lots of place around there that might be suitable.

What about that B&B on Long Island who used to be on this forum? The one with the big dogs?

On the Bluff on the North Fork of Long Island? She used to be on the forum but I don't think they have any rooms with 2 beds.

Mystic CT? Cute town, on the water although not really beachy. There are lots of B&Bs and hotels there - we stayed at the Norwich Inn many, many years ago but there are lots of place around there that might be suitable..
I thought Niantic looked good.

If you're gonna drive to the east end of Long Island......can do the shore of Jersey

A great spot is Port Jefferson, it is the town that the ferry stops from Mystic - beautifull town, great Inn and B&B's on the water - My favorite is Danfords on the Sound.
http://www.portjeffchamber.com/

If you're gonna drive to the east end of Long Island......can do the shore of Jersey.
OK, I don't want to go to Jersey. Plus, I can take the ferry from CT to LI.
I was trying to make the drive easier on my mother. She asked why I wanted to go to CT and me, unable to fib to her, told her to make the drive easier on her. She gave me the Bronx cheer and said she could drive anywhere. So I told her to pick a place. She's looking at Maine.
She drives cross country twice a year, but not alone. I should have just kept my mouth shut about why I picked CT!

A great spot is Port Jefferson, it is the town that the ferry stops from Mystic - beautifull town, great Inn and B&B's on the water - My favorite is Danfords on the Sound.
http://www.portjeffchamber.com/.
Thanks!

Back