Any theories on how this happened?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
6B81DFC7-4D93-4EB4-BE67-01C68E923D8B.jpeg

Guest told us he leaned on the sInk with both hands to look in the mirror and it just cracked. He immediately offered to pay to replace it. (Of course, when we showed him the receipt from house depot, he balked at the price. Which was way lower than it could have been and did not include labor or delivery.).

Anyway, his offer to replace makes me wonder if it was more complicated than a simple lean.

I guess it depends on whether or not it was installed properly. If there was anything in the glue or the cabinet wasn’t square, it could do just that. My kitchen counter had a crack in it that we assumed was caused by someone sitting on the counter and it not being secured properly. Could have been a defect in the granite, too.

I’ve used epoxy and clamps to fix a crack like that … well, not me, a friend repaired it. But I’ve sat on a counter and it didn’t crack. (Not the one that needed repair) I would accept whatever amount the guest offers. Is it granite or a composite?

We repaired the crack with epoxy. The repaired counter is in the picture. It’s probably composite since the sink is integral.

Back