Anybody Heard of Gordon's Guide?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetiePie

Reaction score
Gordon's Guide
[/h3]I must be on everyone's sucker list. I'm getting hit up by these directories big time nowdays. I hope it's not because I'm listed on PAII.

Boy you sure are! I repeat, though, I do a search for "Mytown Bed and Breakfast", "Bed and Breakfast My Town" and do the same for "Mytown B&B" and "B&B Mytown".
If the directory is not on the first page I delete.
What is curious for me right now is suddenly I'm seeing Lanier and iLoveInns on the first page, and I don't hear good things about etiher one.
Anyone else seeing this when they do their searches?
RIki

I looked at it for my wine tours. They only list the state of California. And it appears their cheapest listing is $75 a month, so they are too rich for my blood!
Riki

You're right both I Love Inns and Lanier have finally gotten their act together as far as SEO goes. Unfortunately, it appears to be too late for most. The only problem is, that now they are pushing the rest of us farther down the list.

SweetiePie said:
I must be on everyone's sucker list. I'm getting hit up by these directories big time nowdays. I hope it's not because I'm listed on PAII.[/h3]
Unless all of these directories are members of PAII, that's not where the problem is coming from. I'm on PAII and don't get half of what you get!

SweetiePie said:
Gordon's Guide
[/h3]I must be on everyone's sucker list. I'm getting hit up by these directories big time nowdays. I hope it's not because I'm listed on PAII.
All I know is you are sending them straight to us on this forum. Then we get to hear how great they are and can do no wrong even though no one has ever heard of them and they don't show up in google. LOL!

Somebody's got to keep Swirt busy. He loves them.
wink_smile.gif

Apparently you folks would rather count towels.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
SweetiePie said:
Apparently you folks would rather count towels.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
Counting the towels is easier than keeping up with all of these weird directories! The friend of a guest just told me her neighbor runs a B&B directory but, guess what? I couldn't find it!

wink_smile.gif
SweetiePie said:
wink_smile.gif
Love may be too strong a word....but I don't mind the various directories coming up as topics. If they are good, I want people to know about them, and if they are bad I also want people to know about them. And when the owner's show up and thump their chest, that is sometimes pretty informative too.
omg_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif
SweetiePie said:
wink_smile.gif
Love may be too strong a word....but I don't mind the various directories coming up as topics. If they are good, I want people to know about them, and if they are bad I also want people to know about them. And when the owner's show up and thump their chest, that is sometimes pretty informative too.
omg_smile.gif

Often more informative for the owner of the directory than for the rest of us, I think. I'm all for giving new directories a chance, but only if they start out humbly and free...rather than wanting to charge the big bucks to be the first Inn listed!
About six months ago, a new Michigan specific pet-friendly directory contacted me wanting a listing. I checked out his site, made recommendations (that he took graciously), and offered a link back to him for a free trial. Glad I made the effort, as I've really been getting hits and just had one guest reserve from that site.
Being a directory owner myself, I know I appreciated the places that gave me the benefit of the doubt in the beginning!

Back