Anyone else encountering this on Webervations?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pollyanna

Reaction score
MasterCard
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
Please call Webervations Support (740-380-3807) for Credit Card number Access
Something like the above is what I see now on all my reservations instead of having the cc# readily accessible. So I'm supposed to call a long distance call to find each client's cc #? Are you kidding? And who is paying me for my extra time to do that? Is this temporary, some kind of glitch or what? Anyone who can help, it would be great, since when you call the # all you get is a recording. Lordy!

You need to call them only once to verify you are you. We had to do this when we got a new computer. The message is not clear. Once you make the one phone call they will make it accessible again. It happened to me too.
RIki

You need to call them only once to verify you are you. We had to do this when we got a new computer. The message is not clear. Once you make the one phone call they will make it accessible again. It happened to me too.
RIki.
Thank you, Riki. That's a relief. I have not yet heard from them nor have they changed the status. They need to bring someone on board who knows something about customer communication.

You *do* need to call them, but when I called them, they insisted on calling me back at the phone number they had listed for our business. Just FYI.

Again. This is likely triggered by you having a new ip address that has not been used to access their system before. It is a possible trigger for them that you account may have been phished. They need to verify that you are you .... which is why they need to call you back at the number they have on file.

A clearer message is indeed needed for this an much of their business messages. If we were better notified, we would understand the issues that they are doing these things for better security of our data.
Red Handed - they need to verify YOU are who you are and calling the number on file is the way it works - and is understandable.
It will now be nearly impossible to view those things when you are traveling and wanting to verify you have all the needed data before sending your confimration. For me this would not be a big issue as I will know that a CC# is there, the rest I will handle when I return home, I do not handle CC verification or payments when I am away from home.

Back