Anyone else having problems accessing Webervations this morning?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
I just got an email with a Webervations Request but am getting an error message when I try to log-in to process it. Just me?

Is it fixed? I just logged in to Web 2.0 with no problems.

I just logged in to check accounts and bookings and had no problems. May be a problem in your area with ISP or something.

Still no go? If so, what's the error message?

Still no go? If so, what's the error message?.
It's probably cuz I just signed up. I do that to things.
devil_smile.gif
Not on purpose.

It is working now. The issue I was having yesterday was when I clicked the link in the Webervations Request email to login and get the cc info, it went right to an error page that had two messages...one for guests, saying there was a problem and to click "Back" to go to the Inn's page and call, another message for owners saying it was a temporary problem and to try again later. We were out in the afternoon so unfortunately I don't know how long it was down for...I did have another Webervations Request email this morning so hopefully it didn't deter too many people from booking.

InnsiderInfo said:
I just got an email with a Webervations Request but am getting an error message when I try to log-in to process it. Just me?
No there are others that were not able to log on over the weekend. I have received the message occasionally as well, and have had guests call when they have received it. I don't know why it is happening.
I hear people asking about this problem on a regular basis, seems every couple of weeks or so.
RIki

John here,
The Webervations system consists of nine different applications - one of those, the admin site - went down for up to an hour Sunday morning. Any time any application goes down, a number of people here receive pages 24hrs/day every day of the year. They had the same problem happen 3 weeks ago - and after that problem - they put tracking onto the page with the issue. They are sorting through the tracking today to hopefully find and eliminate it so it will not happen again but it appears to be an issue where if an innkeeper enters specific textual content, the system uses it in a way that doesn't work and brings it to a halt.
When one of the nine pieces goes down, the others still function though - so guests should not have had a problem at all with bookings, the gc sales should have been working, etc. I will let you know when we get more information on it -
JB

...but it appears to be an issue where if an innkeeper enters specific textual content, the system uses it in a way that doesn't work and brings it to a halt.
You mean there is an easter egg in the system that if an innkeeper types the word "kablooey" as a town, the system actually goes there? </kidding>
tounge_smile.gif

Thanks for the update John.

...but it appears to be an issue where if an innkeeper enters specific textual content, the system uses it in a way that doesn't work and brings it to a halt.
You mean there is an easter egg in the system that if an innkeeper types the word "kablooey" as a town, the system actually goes there? </kidding>
tounge_smile.gif

Thanks for the update John..
swirt said:
tounge_smile.gif

Thanks for the update John.
Let me test that one and get back to you on it!

Back