anyone else receive this request today?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain Inn

Reaction score
Usually these emails are not individually addressed to us. This one is. Just wondering how many other folks have received Mr. Bryant's request which is (first names removed by me):
Kindly confirm the availability of either 3 double rooms or 6 single
rooms for 6 people (Adult). We are coming on a 21 day
Family Holiday in your Hotel.
Arrival Date: 21st January , 2013
Departure Date: 10th February, 2013
Number of Nights 21Nights.
Gust Name:
Mr And Mrs Bryant
Miss ______ And _______Bryant
Mr _____ And ______ Bryant
Send the total cost of our stay for 21nights, for our
considerations.
Please note that an alternative date might be considered by the us.
Best regards,
_________ Bryant

That's the standard wording for a scam. If you want to answer, tell them to reserve online, you do not accept checks and all reservations are passed through the anti-fraud centre immediately along with IP address.
They won't bother to reply.

Hit delete or you will confirm a live address. Then you will get more 21 night reservations.

That's the standard wording for a scam. If you want to answer, tell them to reserve online, you do not accept checks and all reservations are passed through the anti-fraud centre immediately along with IP address.
They won't bother to reply..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Your method worked! I did just as you suggested. Not a word has been heard. Thanks.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Your method worked! I did just as you suggested. Not a word has been heard. Thanks.
I get one of those once or twice a month. I use a different email to reply and I get their hopes up. It's kinda fun. I build them up and then crush their dreams. It probably wrong that I do that.....

Eric Arthur Blair said:
I get one of those once or twice a month. I use a different email to reply and I get their hopes up. It's kinda fun. I build them up and then crush their dreams. It probably wrong that I do that.....
I usually tell them that all CC transactions are automatically forwarded to the Anti-Fraud Center. Somehow, they don't like that.

Oh I love getting these requests. I reply with outrageous pricing and they reply back that this is perfect and they'd like to proceed. this is when I reply to them with this: " I have notified the FBI, they are on their way to capture and throw you in a dungeon. You best pack a suitcase and get on the run." Fun, fun, fun

Back