Anyone have a Peanut Butter cup recipe?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i used to have a really good 'knock off' recipe for Reese's peanut butter cups ... but have misplaced it. i looked online and see quite a variation in recipes.
does anyone have one that they used ?
thanks

In OH, we call them BUCKEYES!!!
18 oz peanut butter
1/2 c margarine softened
1 TBSP vanilla
Mix peanut butter, marg, and vanilla together. Add 1 Pound of Powdered sugar.
Shape into balls.
12 oz semi sweet choc. chips ( melted)
( some folks add some paraffin to the choc. chips to help it hold, but I never did)
Dip balls into the chocolate leaving the small area at the top plain to resemble the eye of the buckeye.
GO BUCKS!
An alternative is to put the mixture into a pan and spread choc. over top and chill, then cut into squares
if you want to actually make into cups, here is another recipe

In OH, we call them BUCKEYES!!!
18 oz peanut butter
1/2 c margarine softened
1 TBSP vanilla
Mix peanut butter, marg, and vanilla together. Add 1 Pound of Powdered sugar.
Shape into balls.
12 oz semi sweet choc. chips ( melted)
( some folks add some paraffin to the choc. chips to help it hold, but I never did)
Dip balls into the chocolate leaving the small area at the top plain to resemble the eye of the buckeye.
GO BUCKS!
An alternative is to put the mixture into a pan and spread choc. over top and chill, then cut into squares
if you want to actually make into cups, here is another recipe.
Being a native of Ohio, myself, "buckeyes", the sweet treat, was the first thing that came to my mind, too!
catlady said:
GO BUCKS!
However, I "GO BLUE!!" LOL
Great, now I've got these on my mind and I need to go make some. A friend of mine who is an airline pilot brought me some Belgium chocolate when she had to fly to Belgium recently...so, I think I have everything I need. YUM!

Back