Anyone have experience with Solunas?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonehengeBNB

Reaction score
I have been looking at a number of the open source online booking software packages and have narrowed my search down to "Solunas Hotel Booking Engine" and in my tests, it looks pretty good-- but testing is nothing compared to real world usage.
Does anyone have real world experience using this software that they would be willing to share?
--Eriks

Never heard of them...but lots here have different ones that I suspect will do the job for you much cheaper and easier especially since you only have one room.

Never heard of them...but lots here have different ones that I suspect will do the job for you much cheaper and easier especially since you only have one room..
"Cheaper"? It's free software and I already own plenty of servers. :) I'm only concerned with functionality, i.e., how much do people who book rooms like it and how good is it for the innkeepers to keep their lives simple.

Never heard of them...but lots here have different ones that I suspect will do the job for you much cheaper and easier especially since you only have one room..
"Cheaper"? It's free software and I already own plenty of servers. :) I'm only concerned with functionality, i.e., how much do people who book rooms like it and how good is it for the innkeepers to keep their lives simple.
Free? Open Source- Saw this posted on the site so it makes me wonder.
"Great software but difficult to install, since the original developer left Im unsure if we will have new features and updates, I have not found anything in forums but I hope that this project continue."
We used Webervations. Go here to see what others recommend:
https://www.innspiring.com/resources/website-tools/availability-calendars-/-reservation-systems

"Great software but difficult to install, since the original developer left Im unsure if we will have new features and updates, I have not found anything in forums but I hope that this project continue."
https://www.innspiring.com/resources/website-tools/availability-calendars-/-reservation-systems
Well, that's always the possible peril with open source software, but since I have my own programmers, it's not really a worry. :) Ideally, once we get our own system running, we'll offer it to other B&Bs at hosting cost only.

Well, that's always the possible peril with open source software, but since I have my own programmers, it's not really a worry. :) Ideally, once we get our own system running, we'll offer it to other B&Bs at hosting cost only.
You have your own programmers....Oye vey...or whatever..then why worry??? Let them reinvent the wheel for you. There are already so many out there don't count selling to other B & B's unless you can offer something way more than what they have now.

I could see where a "hotel booking engine" would have features in the software that woud not really apply to B&Bs, especially a small one-room B&B such as yours. There's no need to re-invent the wheel. As CL said, there's plenty of all-inclusive PMS and online booking software out there for B&Bs that has been proven and is reasonably priced....whether or not you have your own programmers.
wink_smile.gif

Back