Anyone know what the stars mean on FB?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, this is weird. FB is now mixing up our reviews with reviews from one of the restaurants in town -- we don't serve crab cakes with orange reduction sauce! And no, it's not the user who put the review in the wrong place! Going to the restaurant's FB page (the one known for its crab cakes with orange reduction sauce), you can see all our reviews as well as theirs, just as on our FB page. In any case it appears we've been bumped up to a full 5 stars -- whatever they mean!
Also I notice that on most of our FB reviews I have the option to "like" them, and on one at least the option to comment! (Don't remember seeing that before). You do have to click on the "see all" or on the review itself to see these options, they don't show up in the review widget on the page timeline. Also I think you using FB as your personal self, rather than using FB as your page identity (I think, haven't tested that)..
That is odd.
I'm going tO look tomorrow to see if I see what you see, see? ;-)
I have 5 or 6 reviews now. All 5 stars and I still have 4.5 stars as the overall. Probably from that one guy who just wanted to post his website and never left a review.

Oh yeah I have them now too. Someone mentioned possible connection TA reviews?
http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/facebook-star-ratings-test-nj.
Joey Bloggs said:
Oh yeah I have them now too. Someone mentioned possible connection TA reviews?
http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/facebook-star-ratings-test-nj
We have the stars, but we're not on TA, so that can't be it. I'll bet it has to do with the number of likes your page gets and how often your content goes viral.

I have a handful of friends who have reviewed my place on FB and given it the max number of stars, and I'm sure that's where the rating comes from. Nothing to do with TA. Just FB, and I suspect they rate you a little less than your actual rating from FB users, just to account for friends (LIKES) being overly generous.

Interesting! We have 2 FB pages, one for the B&B and the other for our weddings. Our B&B page has several reviews and has 5 stars while our wedding page also has 5 stars but no reviews.

Interesting! We have 2 FB pages, one for the B&B and the other for our weddings. Our B&B page has several reviews and has 5 stars while our wedding page also has 5 stars but no reviews..
copperhead said:
Interesting! We have 2 FB pages, one for the B&B and the other for our weddings. Our B&B page has several reviews and has 5 stars while our wedding page also has 5 stars but no reviews.
You know FB is just a bunch of kids out there messing with our minds.

Back