Anyone out there in CA?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
My sister and I are planning a trip to the west coast in Jan. - her daughter is going to massage school in San Diego and I don't think she has room for us so we will be looking for a place to stay - somewhere between San Diego and Newport Beach area. Please let me know if you are out there, or know of anyone who is in that area that is looking for business!

Great part of California! I am in Napa Valley... about 7 hours north...Sorry can't help you
scott

Great part of California! I am in Napa Valley... about 7 hours north...Sorry can't help you
scott.
Well, I will keep you in mind for the next time I come to wine country! We were just there last Oct. You are new to the forum? Welcome!

CA is, um, not small. Might want to change your title to SD/Newport area.

We are originally from SoCal...I would check TA for B&B's in Laguna Beach, it's gorgeous there and lots of shopping-artsy stuff to do within a quick drive. While you are out there go to Newport and eat at Roy's. That's our favorite restaurant, and don't miss their chocolate souffle, it is to die for! Have fun! Another fancy place that's worth the trip is 5 Crowns, they have an excellent prime rib and yorkshire pudding... The only B&B I've been to in SD is in Julian, which is in the mountains and I don't think it's there any more...I'm sure there are lots of good ones in SD. And there is always the famous Hotel Coronado where all the movie stars used to go... And the Ritz in Newport, which is where I went for high school prom dinner...pricey tho'!

If you like old Victorians, Heritage Park Inn in San Diego's Old Town is a good choice. I stayed there years ago and it was lovely.

We are originally from SoCal...I would check TA for B&B's in Laguna Beach, it's gorgeous there and lots of shopping-artsy stuff to do within a quick drive. While you are out there go to Newport and eat at Roy's. That's our favorite restaurant, and don't miss their chocolate souffle, it is to die for! Have fun! Another fancy place that's worth the trip is 5 Crowns, they have an excellent prime rib and yorkshire pudding... The only B&B I've been to in SD is in Julian, which is in the mountains and I don't think it's there any more...I'm sure there are lots of good ones in SD. And there is always the famous Hotel Coronado where all the movie stars used to go... And the Ritz in Newport, which is where I went for high school prom dinner...pricey tho'!.
WP I had my prom at the Hotel Del.
shades_smile.gif

If you like old Victorians, Heritage Park Inn in San Diego's Old Town is a good choice. I stayed there years ago and it was lovely..
SP Old Town is one of my old stomping grounds - had many friends who lived there.
regular_smile.gif

WP - I also lived in Julian for 2 years before it was hip. I have many many stories from living there which I won't tell now...but it was one of the better parts of my childhood.

If you like old Victorians, Heritage Park Inn in San Diego's Old Town is a good choice. I stayed there years ago and it was lovely..
SP Old Town is one of my old stomping grounds - had many friends who lived there.
regular_smile.gif

WP - I also lived in Julian for 2 years before it was hip. I have many many stories from living there which I won't tell now...but it was one of the better parts of my childhood.
I graduated from San Diego State and lived on Mission Bay, so I know San Diego well and have been to Julian several times. I'll bet you have some stories.

regular_smile.gif

I graduated from San Diego State and lived on Mission Bay, so I know San Diego well and have been to Julian several times. I'll bet you have some stories.
teeth_smile.gif

SDSU also stomping grounds. I left SD in 1988.
I just told an innmate last week that whenever he had litters of kittens land on our door step we would take them to Mission Bay and the little kids would drag their parents over and we could find homes for all of them.
I worked at Humphreys on Shelter Island for 4 years. Had a guest from Point Loma here just two weeks ago.

I believe that place was to be closed down and torn down by the city for redevelopement last year. I could be mistaken, but I remember it actually making a post on this forum about it. They were trying to fight city hall at the time..so you could always check to find out. My husband is from SD.

I believe that place was to be closed down and torn down by the city for redevelopement last year. I could be mistaken, but I remember it actually making a post on this forum about it. They were trying to fight city hall at the time..so you could always check to find out. My husband is from SD.
Yes there was an Inn the news on here about it being torn down (Heritage Park Inn)

Yes there was an Inn the news on here about it being torn down (Heritage Park Inn)
The website is still up. I looked it up last night because I couldn't remember the name.

I got on the website last night and it looks very nice - most recent comments were from 2008 I noticed. I might try calling today to see what is happening!

Back