Anyone out there use the 3 sheet method for bed making?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without constant laundry help or a laundry service and ironing 100% cotton sheets, I threw triple sheeting out the window.
My favorite look was a place that had the inn's monogram on the sheet that was exposed when it was turned down over the blanket. Lovely.
For a higher priced B&B, it is a very nice amenity. :).
Oh yeah, I love the all white look, the monogram, the embroidered top sheet. Things to strive for on my own bed, not something I will do when I have to flip rooms after just one night. Like tonight I have four rooms checking in and 3 of them check out tomorrow. I worked as hard as I could to get a two night min this weekend, but it is a local college graduation and NO ONE and I MEAN NO ONE would book two nights for it!!
So all that laundry plus robes if they use them for just one night x 3 out of the 4.
Off topic but I have an issue now with grad weekend...people are holding rooms until they can find something else. So, from today hence, the rooms that free up for grad weekend this year, there is a 30 day cancel period and you're in it. If you cancel, we will have to rebook for you to get your money back.
Off topic too - the grad family just showed, she is 89 with a walker and I explained when they booked we do not have a downstairs bathroom, and she is unable to even walk around the porch! The daughter just came in and said "There has to be another way in here" I said, "Ma'am, the front door is the guest entry." Three steps up the porch and then around the porch - but the rooms are upstairs. She knew that as we discussed it over the phone.
Graduation weekends are a necessary evil in this business.
JMU family are in and out to dinner now(booked all3 bedrooms),next wknd is Bridgewater College graduation. Usually easy to please as they are sooo busy....Mary in Bwater.
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
JMU family are in and out to dinner now(booked all3 bedrooms),next wknd is Bridgewater College graduation. Usually easy to please as they are sooo busy....Mary in Bwater.
For the most part that's what we get...busy parents who are really not a problem except maybe in getting them all to brekkie and out the door on time.

i don't know what tipsy does at her b&b, but i can tell you the beds are HEAVEN. just sooo comfortable with sheets soft and crisp at the same time.
maybe she will comment ...

I do not tripple sheet. Tried it for a while and noticed too many times the top sheets had been turned down to the end of the bed. I think it just is too warm here for that, even in the winter as we get a lot of snow birds.
I have been places that do and they do hold in the heat. It does make a beautiful bed will have to say!
Duvets: These are nice, again in cooler areas, but I am in agreement with other Americans - I want a flat sheet! If I get too warm with the Duvet, I want to be able to turn it down and still have something light over me.

Without constant laundry help or a laundry service and ironing 100% cotton sheets, I threw triple sheeting out the window.
My favorite look was a place that had the inn's monogram on the sheet that was exposed when it was turned down over the blanket. Lovely.
For a higher priced B&B, it is a very nice amenity. :).
I bet that looked really nice

Partly I think it depends what people expect and if you launder your blankets regularly I don't see a problem. We sometimes put a coloured throw/blanket/comforter on the beds to give bit of colour but we can fit them in the washing machine (I don't buy anything that doesn't wash) and make sure they are washed regularly.

Partly I think it depends what people expect and if you launder your blankets regularly I don't see a problem. We sometimes put a coloured throw/blanket/comforter on the beds to give bit of colour but we can fit them in the washing machine (I don't buy anything that doesn't wash) and make sure they are washed regularly..
On my first trip to Europe many years ago, I fell in love with having the duvets. When I came home, I bought one and can no longer stand having that top sheet. Most guests though, need that top sheet and just wouldn't understand or like duvet method.
cry_smile.gif

Partly I think it depends what people expect and if you launder your blankets regularly I don't see a problem. We sometimes put a coloured throw/blanket/comforter on the beds to give bit of colour but we can fit them in the washing machine (I don't buy anything that doesn't wash) and make sure they are washed regularly..
On my first trip to Europe many years ago, I fell in love with having the duvets. When I came home, I bought one and can no longer stand having that top sheet. Most guests though, need that top sheet and just wouldn't understand or like duvet method.
cry_smile.gif

We do both...duvet and top sheet. But, I also have a blanket and a quilt on the bed! In the summer, the duvets go into storage as it is just too warm here for them and they always ended up on the floor (or being used UNDER the guests...ewww).
Next year, I won't use the quilts in the winter, just the duvets. This winter I found the quilts were generally just folded up on a chair or at the foot of the bed. But always have the blankets and the top sheet.

cry_smile.gif

We do both...duvet and top sheet. But, I also have a blanket and a quilt on the bed! In the summer, the duvets go into storage as it is just too warm here for them and they always ended up on the floor (or being used UNDER the guests...ewww).
Next year, I won't use the quilts in the winter, just the duvets. This winter I found the quilts were generally just folded up on a chair or at the foot of the bed. But always have the blankets and the top sheet.
Still my favorite is a coverlet, then a duvet folded at the end of the bed.

cry_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
That's the way I did it up until this winter. We stayed at a place (with no heat) that put the duvet spread out and the quilt folded up at the foot, and I thought it looked sharp. Maybe because it was different. It worked really well this winter because those duvet covers are so much faster to wash and dry. I might get some backups for next winter if we keep up this look.
I do like the punch of color the quilt gives at the foot of the bed, tho. It's always a balancing act...

We triple sheet. Use a lighter sheet for the topper. Everyone sleeps in it fine. Nobody turns down the top sheet.
RIki

I think it realy depends on where you realy are located if your going to use Triple sheeting or not. http://discountbeddingsets.org/

I use duvets in the winter with a top sheet ,then Matlesse spread in the summer. Cant fold the duvet to the bottom of the bed here, you couldnt see the TV.....doing bfast then off to work...Mary in Bwater

i don't know what tipsy does at her b&b, but i can tell you the beds are HEAVEN. just sooo comfortable with sheets soft and crisp at the same time.
maybe she will comment ....
Hey SSS (Sweet Sea Shanty)
THANK YOU for your kind comments on our mattresses and sheets.
We're small enough that I can do a different style of mattress in each room (pillow top, very firm with a good feather-bed, memory foam etc). The sheets are all different too. I pick them up whenever I see them at a great price as long as they are 550 or more and white (preferably with a white on white pattern woven into them). Then of course I am one those nutcases that irons everything. I really really LOVE the look and feel of freshly ironed sheets.
..... and I don't triple sheet.

We do triple sheets with a coverlet in the summer and a duvet with a down comforter in the winter. We like this because all the bedding gets laundered.

Other designs replica handbags of a woman's replica handbags diamond watch may designer handbags include several designer handbags smaller diamonds kissing fake handbags the face fake handbags, usually taking the place of the louis vuitton numerals louis vuitton, encircling the watch. The louis vuitton handbags design of louis vuitton handbags the watch lv handbags depends on lv handbags the wearer - whether lv bags on sale they want lv bags on sale to be smothered with lv as much lv sparkle as replica louis vuitton bag they could replica louis vuitton bag, or opt for a subtler replica louis vuitton bags and more replica louis vuitton bags conservative piece of jewelry.Whether replica louis vuitton handbag a single replica louis vuitton handbag diamond adorns the watch or replica louis vuitton handbags several diamonds replica louis vuitton handbags are embedded, giving a diamond watch as a replica lv bag gift will replica lv bag surely elicit responses of surprise, awe and astonishment. Diamond watches are a replica lv bags perfect gift replica lv bags for women, as these clear cut diamonds symbolizes your purest and most undoubted replica lv handbag intentions for replica lv handbag her. Diamonds are rare stones and its beauty considered to never falter - continuously representing status, style and replica lv handbags sophistication suited replica lv handbags for the women. Surely enough, diamond watches will never go out of style, nor look out of place in a woman's wrist.

Back