Anyone using Amazon for cc processing?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baygirl

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone uses Amazon's version of Square? Love that fact that they don't charge a lot extra for keying in numbers. We run deposits so 50% of our business is keying. With square I can't justify the add'l fees per transaction and the higher rate on manual entries.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Tis the season. Kick off for us is this weekend... College Graduation...
Happy Thursday..

We do and we love it!!!!! They give you a little machine.

Before I compare want to make sure I am looking at the right one. Is it Amazon Payments?
While looking for it I ran across this article with a long list of mobile payment options. It did not rank the services just gave basic details of each. The article is 6mths old so lots can change but found it interesting.

Before I compare want to make sure I am looking at the right one. Is it Amazon Payments?
While looking for it I ran across this article with a long list of mobile payment options. It did not rank the services just gave basic details of each. The article is 6mths old so lots can change but found it interesting..
I'm not sure if it's available in the US, but https://www.getpayd.com/ offers the only solution that does debit cards for us, because it's already EMV (chip&PIN) but it has a monthly fee.

While looking for it I ran across this article with a long list of mobile payment options. It did not rank the services just gave basic details of each. The article is 6mths old so lots can change but found it interesting..
Yes it's Amazon payments I'm thinking about.
https://payments.amazon.com/home

Remember when Amazon just sold books? Now they're into everything ...

Baygirl said:
So am I correct that all payments are done through your website? No handling of the CC at all at check in?
And the cost is 2.9% +.30 for each transaction. It says 'or lower' but all I get out of it is that it is determined on volume.
You mentioned you did not like the cost of Square (3.5% +.15) for non-swiped cards. But there is a solution to that option with Square by sending the guest an invoice through Square. You then are only charged the swiped rate of 2.75% with no additional fee.
Yes it is 1 additional step for you to do but you save .15% + .30 over the Amazon rate by going this route.
I did not see on the Amazon site how long it takes for payment to make it to your bank. Square is very clear on how soon they are sent out and they are very prompt too.
A few weeks ago they did have a glitch with their pay out and some payments did not process in their timely manor. They noticed the problem before I was even up and had sent out a blanket email apology. Payment came into my back by later that day. Still next business day but later, yet they had emailed an apology.

Baygirl said:
So am I correct that all payments are done through your website? No handling of the CC at all at check in?
And the cost is 2.9% +.30 for each transaction. It says 'or lower' but all I get out of it is that it is determined on volume.
You mentioned you did not like the cost of Square (3.5% +.15) for non-swiped cards. But there is a solution to that option with Square by sending the guest an invoice through Square. You then are only charged the swiped rate of 2.75% with no additional fee.
Yes it is 1 additional step for you to do but you save .15% + .30 over the Amazon rate by going this route.
I did not see on the Amazon site how long it takes for payment to make it to your bank. Square is very clear on how soon they are sent out and they are very prompt too.
A few weeks ago they did have a glitch with their pay out and some payments did not process in their timely manor. They noticed the problem before I was even up and had sent out a blanket email apology. Payment came into my back by later that day. Still next business day but later, yet they had emailed an apology.
Hi Copperhead..
I must have missed that option.. What happens when I send a cust an invoice.. I still have to enter their credit card in manually...

Baygirl said:
Hi Copperhead..
I must have missed that option.. What happens when I send a cust an invoice.. I still have to enter their credit card in manually...
The customer gets the invoice to pay and enters the CC information directly on Square's website. You don't put in anything other than the invoice details and the customer email address.

Baygirl said:
Hi Copperhead..
Baygirl said:
Hi Copperhead..
Jon is correct, you send the invoice and the guest puts all their info when they pay the invoice in Sq. Sq then processes as if it was swiped. I assume that if there is an issue such as a charge back, Sq can use the data with the IP info used to back that the guest made the purchase.
This is also another place you can remind the guest of the cancellation policy. If they pay, this helps your case in the event of a chargeback or conflict with guest.

Baygirl said:
Hi Copperhead..
Baygirl said:
Hi Copperhead..
Jon is correct, you send the invoice and the guest puts all their info when they pay the invoice in Sq. Sq then processes as if it was swiped. I assume that if there is an issue such as a charge back, Sq can use the data with the IP info used to back that the guest made the purchase.
This is also another place you can remind the guest of the cancellation policy. If they pay, this helps your case in the event of a chargeback or conflict with guest.
I think it's ingenious. Square knows that the end user used their CC to pay. Much harder to do a chargeback unless they can prove that the service wasn't given as per the contract. They can't even claim that you did it, they have the IP address, the browser information, etc.

Back