Anyone Using Frette Sheets? Flat Sheets Only?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Is anyone using Frette sheets? I was thinking about it, but I have two questions...
1. Do they need to be ironed all the time?
2. Since they don't have fitted sheets, only flat, do you find that you have to remake the bed more often?
I know a seamstress, so I could ask her to make fitted sheets for me from the flat sheets, but I really hate to iron everything. Most of my sheets are wrinkle-free or easy care. I give away sheets when they have to be ironed all the time.

I currently use sheet sets as well. But Frette are supposedly the luxury sheet brand. Used at places like George V and the Savoy.

I currently use sheet sets as well. But Frette are supposedly the luxury sheet brand. Used at places like George V and the Savoy..
Why would you want to spend $300+ for sheets that most guests won't give a hoot about? Get nice, but don't go crazy. With your occupancy, you are obviously doing it right now...why spend all that money???

I currently use sheet sets as well. But Frette are supposedly the luxury sheet brand. Used at places like George V and the Savoy..
Why would you want to spend $300+ for sheets that most guests won't give a hoot about? Get nice, but don't go crazy. With your occupancy, you are obviously doing it right now...why spend all that money???
The prices for direct purchase aren't that high. I was surprised at the thread count, from 200 to 800. I'm using 250 to 400 threads at the moment. I was just wondering about it. Especially the part of using flat sheets. I've always used fitted sheets.
Their bathrobes are spectacular, though and I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were. And they will make them with logos as well.
I have a few sheet sets that now have bleach spots on them. I'm going to cycle them out of rotation. And I'm looking at replacing them. The sheets that I usually buy at JCP (they deliver to Canada... BBB delivers to Canada, but won't deliver to Quebec... yes, specifically to Quebec!) are no longer offered with the monogramming and that's one of the things that I loved best about them, having them with our name embroidered was a nice plus.
I've tried sheets from Land's End in the last year and they just don't hold up to washing. They have replaced two sets in less then 9 months.

Good to know about the Land's End sheets. I've been thinking about trying them. Now I won't bother. We get all of our logo wear frm LE. Great stuff!

The place that I am looking at purchasing currently uses Frette sheets.
I stayed there a couple weeks ago and the sheets seemed nice. The place is not open right now so the maintance person/caretaker setup the beds. I don't remember the beds being wrinkled when we got there but it was after 18+ hours of traveling.
I am not sure if we are going to continue to use them going forward. If you don't mind could you please send me a private message I have a few questions.

Good to know about the Land's End sheets. I've been thinking about trying them. Now I won't bother. We get all of our logo wear frm LE. Great stuff!.
I come from a family that was in the linen business (my grandmother is creditted with inventing the sheet set.) Most people don't realize that the higher the thread count, the less durable. But too low a thread count and your sheets are scratchy. Percale in the US needs to be 180 threads, but in Canada can go as low as 160 threads. But anything under 250 usually I find to scratchy.
I tried a few different LE sheets, all wrinkle-free. The 600 thread count we tried for ourselves. They were quite thin because of the threadcount. They actually shredded after a few months. The first set of 400 thread count were showing wear after the third wash. We are on our third set, these are 400 thread count and seem to be doing better. Maybe it was just first set of 400. I haven't tried the 250 threads yet.
The ones that we bought from JCP were 400 thread count and wrinkle-free. They were nice. But the big advantage with JCP was monogramming. But they don't seem to offer it on those sheets anymore. It's a shame, looks nice for a B&B to have it on there.

The place that I am looking at purchasing currently uses Frette sheets.
I stayed there a couple weeks ago and the sheets seemed nice. The place is not open right now so the maintance person/caretaker setup the beds. I don't remember the beds being wrinkled when we got there but it was after 18+ hours of traveling.
I am not sure if we are going to continue to use them going forward. If you don't mind could you please send me a private message I have a few questions..
Try sending me one... you don't have yours setup to review PMs.

Were they the Chris Madden 400TC sheets? or the 600 (I think). I had to send back a set of the 400TC due to pin holes. I've been looking ever since for a truly no-iron brand that will hold up.

Were they the Chris Madden 400TC sheets? or the 600 (I think). I had to send back a set of the 400TC due to pin holes. I've been looking ever since for a truly no-iron brand that will hold up..
No, they were the 400TC WrinkleGuard. They weren't 100% free of ironing, but they definitely were good enough to go from the dryer to the bed. And thick. Over a year on them already. WrinkleGuard usually lasts about 50 to 70 washings, but they still come out pretty good.... I've had some sets that come out of the dryer looking like there wasn't a spot without a wrinkle, like a wrinkled ball.
These are the ones from Target. goo.gl/pRnQr But they don't deliver to Canada. Website says 300 TC, but I think they are 325 TC. Of course, I'm not going microscopic to see if they are using doubles and lying about it. But they sheets are nice enough that some guests ask. They are also bleach friendly, so you can put a dab of bleach into the wash to sanitize if needed. I think I'm actually happiest with the stripe. But I did get some pillow cases that as far as I am concerned are seconds, not that a guest can tell, but I certainly can. Maybe it's too many years in the linen business. I even weigh towels.

Were they the Chris Madden 400TC sheets? or the 600 (I think). I had to send back a set of the 400TC due to pin holes. I've been looking ever since for a truly no-iron brand that will hold up..
No, they were the 400TC WrinkleGuard. They weren't 100% free of ironing, but they definitely were good enough to go from the dryer to the bed. And thick. Over a year on them already. WrinkleGuard usually lasts about 50 to 70 washings, but they still come out pretty good.... I've had some sets that come out of the dryer looking like there wasn't a spot without a wrinkle, like a wrinkled ball.
These are the ones from Target. goo.gl/pRnQr But they don't deliver to Canada. Website says 300 TC, but I think they are 325 TC. Of course, I'm not going microscopic to see if they are using doubles and lying about it. But they sheets are nice enough that some guests ask. They are also bleach friendly, so you can put a dab of bleach into the wash to sanitize if needed. I think I'm actually happiest with the stripe. But I did get some pillow cases that as far as I am concerned are seconds, not that a guest can tell, but I certainly can. Maybe it's too many years in the linen business. I even weigh towels.
Thank you so much for such specific information. I love this forum! The thing I seem to spend the most time on is ironing sheets! The no-iron ones!
( But I just can't not do it ) I suppose there are worse things to obsess over
regular_smile.gif

Thank you so much for such specific information. I love this forum! The thing I seem to spend the most time on is ironing sheets! The no-iron ones!
( But I just can't not do it ) I suppose there are worse things to obsess over
regular_smile.gif

If I do iron, I iron only the edges. Iron is a mineral, not a verb!
I sometimes put the sheets into the dryer with some damp clean rags (terry) to steam them.

Back