Anything special going on at the inn for 1/1/11?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly up for suggestions!
What's for breakfast that day? Any sort of fun table decor?

I am offering a 4 course dinner ..... because I already have one couple needing dinner so I may as well try to get more while I am in the kitchen anyway. I am only at 50%, 2 rooms available, and also offering the dinner to outsiders
So in answer to your question I will be working ..

What's for breakfast that day? Any sort of fun table decor?.
Alibi Ike said:
I usually do a buffet, starting later and for longer. Sometimes I put out Christmas crackers on the plates for fun, if I have them. Often a trifle for the fruit dish, one on each table, garnished with pomegrante arils.

Alibi Ike said:
I usually do a buffet, starting later and for longer. Sometimes I put out Christmas crackers on the plates for fun, if I have them. Often a trifle for the fruit dish, one on each table, garnished with pomegrante arils.
Good one. I have a box of the crackers left.

Alibi Ike said:
Alibi Ike said:
I always buy them at the after Christmas sales. I think Bed, Bath & Beyond still had some.

We usually put a small bottle of champagne in the room with some chocolate covered strawberries. Breakfast the next day is served as late as they want.

I am offering a 4 course dinner ..... because I already have one couple needing dinner so I may as well try to get more while I am in the kitchen anyway. I am only at 50%, 2 rooms available, and also offering the dinner to outsiders
So in answer to your question I will be working ...
What do you charge for your dinners?

It was $50 for mine but I have raised it to $60. It is usually buried in the other things in the package - but I have made it an add-on with Res Key.
One lesson I learned a looooong time ago - if it is not pricey enough, it garners no respect.

It was $50 for mine but I have raised it to $60. It is usually buried in the other things in the package - but I have made it an add-on with Res Key.
One lesson I learned a looooong time ago - if it is not pricey enough, it garners no respect.
That's right on target with what I was planning. $60-$65 per couple which includes soup, main entree of lasagne, steak or salmon with veggies and bread & dessert of cheesecake or locally made ice cream. They can purchase a bottle of wine or sparkling cider separately if they choose. All of these items I can have stored in the freezer and cooked in under an hour and will be delivered to their door. If they have ANY dietary restrictions, FORGETABOUTIT!!!!!!!!

That's right on target with what I was planning. $60-$65 per couple which includes soup, main entree of lasagne, steak or salmon with veggies and bread & dessert of cheesecake or locally made ice cream. They can purchase a bottle of wine or sparkling cider separately if they choose. All of these items I can have stored in the freezer and cooked in under an hour and will be delivered to their door. If they have ANY dietary restrictions, FORGETABOUTIT!!!!!!!!
Here they get a bottomless salad bowl (only one couple ever emptied it) and a loaf of French bread - oven to table. Then when they ring the bell for the next course, a plated manicotti (used to do lasagna but switched to manicotti) with garnish, and when the bell rings for dessert it is either a low-fat ice cream or homemade chocolate pudding. Have done fish poached in tarragon w/brown rice cooked with shredded carrot and raisins, and green beans (safest veggie) or a chicken breast stuffed with dressing with a cranberry walnut sauce. Prefer manicotti - costs less and less work to make.
The bell refers to the silver bell at the lady's side. I think every woman should at least once in her life experience ringing a bell and someone else coming running. (The men think they are funny to say she gets that at home. Un-huh, right!)

Here they get a bottomless salad bowl (only one couple ever emptied it) and a loaf of French bread - oven to table. Then when they ring the bell for the next course, a plated manicotti (used to do lasagna but switched to manicotti) with garnish, and when the bell rings for dessert it is either a low-fat ice cream or homemade chocolate pudding. Have done fish poached in tarragon w/brown rice cooked with shredded carrot and raisins, and green beans (safest veggie) or a chicken breast stuffed with dressing with a cranberry walnut sauce. Prefer manicotti - costs less and less work to make.
The bell refers to the silver bell at the lady's side. I think every woman should at least once in her life experience ringing a bell and someone else coming running. (The men think they are funny to say she gets that at home. Un-huh, right!)
Sounds yummy! I have to make sure that all my supplies can be stored for substantial periods of time since the nearest market is 25 minutes away. There's no way I'm going to get stuck driving to the store for some salad fixings.

whoa!!! I am not charging enough! I charge $50 per couple, I do a very fancy high class candle light Valentines dinner with all the linen, crystal, china, etc roses on the table, and live piano music.
I serve an appitizer (they choose one from a list of three).
soup or salad
entree choice of salmon, lasagna, or stuffed chicken brest
dessert
Each table gets sparkling cider
And
beverages
hmmm maybe I should raise my price this year....

whoa!!! I am not charging enough! I charge $50 per couple, I do a very fancy high class candle light Valentines dinner with all the linen, crystal, china, etc roses on the table, and live piano music.
soup or salad
dessert
And
beverages
hmmm maybe I should raise my price this year.....
Sunshine said:
soup or salad
dessert
And
beverages
hmmm maybe I should raise my price this year....
Probably not nearly enough. I do set the table with chargers, fine china, glass knife rests, stemware, antique glass napkin rins on the cloth napkins, silverplate including butter spreaders, individual domed butter dishes, and candlelight. Fresh-roasted, fresh-ground perked coffee/choice of teas... I put romantic music on the computer as soft background music (no piano and can't play anyway - I don't think a bari sax would cut it musically). I raised my price the last few months of this year. This is what I do for every dinner. Valentines would have a heart shaped cake (I think I kept those pans). If it is a birthday, I do a cake. Anniversaries get WV hand-blown goblets and sparkling cider (and keep the goblets as our gift). Valentines would get the same as an anniversary.

soup or salad
dessert
And
beverages
Sunshine, you really should be charging more than that for a special dinner such as Valentines. There is no way a couple could go out for a fancy meal for $25 each, then add in the convenience of not having to go somewhere! As I was thinking the pricing over, I also realized that they wouldn't have to leave a tip (it would be nice though), so a meal in a restaurant would be even more expensive once you figure in the tip. It sounds like what you are charging barely covers your food cost. Have you penciled it out?
Our nearest restaurant charges $18 for fish and chips and that doesn't include anything else. We stopped going there because a french dip sandwich and a beer came to $20 for lunch and the food is only ok. If they went to our closest "fine dining" restaurant, it would cost them about $120 for dinner.

soup or salad
dessert
And
beverages
Sunshine, you really should be charging more than that for a special dinner such as Valentines. There is no way a couple could go out for a fancy meal for $25 each, then add in the convenience of not having to go somewhere! As I was thinking the pricing over, I also realized that they wouldn't have to leave a tip (it would be nice though), so a meal in a restaurant would be even more expensive once you figure in the tip. It sounds like what you are charging barely covers your food cost. Have you penciled it out?
Our nearest restaurant charges $18 for fish and chips and that doesn't include anything else. We stopped going there because a french dip sandwich and a beer came to $20 for lunch and the food is only ok. If they went to our closest "fine dining" restaurant, it would cost them about $120 for dinner.
We are going out for dinner New Year's Eve to our favorite Italian restaurant. Very cute place - and will be paying $70 per person for dinner. That is without tip but I think the wine pairing is included.
RIki

Back