Apple Maps

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
This just arrived today in my e-mail from Acorn. THIS is one of the reasons I'm a long time customer and big fan of theirs. They educate their customers and give free advice and want innkeepers to do things themselves if they are comfortable in DIY. They never try to sell you on hiring them to do these things like some others that specialize in b&bs
Apple Maps

I had my guest room info books set up with QR codes for all the attractions in the area. A guest could just scan the code in the book with their iPhone and up would come a Google map from the guesthouse to the attraction that they could take in the car to find the location. It worked great.
With the latest Apple changes, now those QR's just bring up the written, turn-by-turn directions to the destination and the user must know to tap a little map-it icon to see the map of the route.
It's not as bad as killing the map URL entirely, but it's a big negative over what we had before.

I had my guest room info books set up with QR codes for all the attractions in the area. A guest could just scan the code in the book with their iPhone and up would come a Google map from the guesthouse to the attraction that they could take in the car to find the location. It worked great.
With the latest Apple changes, now those QR's just bring up the written, turn-by-turn directions to the destination and the user must know to tap a little map-it icon to see the map of the route.
It's not as bad as killing the map URL entirely, but it's a big negative over what we had before..
Bet your QR codes still bring up Google Maps on Android phones
wink_smile.gif

O.K., so I've spent the afternoon adding listings...boooooring.
In the process, I inadvertently noticed that my listing on Google Places has disappeared. I went to Google Places and it says my listing is "Pending" WHAT? It has been in place for several years without changes and working just fine. Why would it be pending?
I sent a note to Google support, so we'll see what they have to say. I hate all this. I've already done it. Why do I have to do it again multiple times?

In the process, I inadvertently noticed that my listing on Google Places has disappeared. I went to Google Places and it says my listing is "Pending" WHAT? It has been in place for several years without changes and working just fine. Why would it be pending?
I sent a note to Google support, so we'll see what they have to say. I hate all this. I've already done it. Why do I have to do it again multiple times?.
I guess they think you do not know where you live - you got into the Tequila and moved your property.

I sent a note to Google support, so we'll see what they have to say. I hate all this. I've already done it. Why do I have to do it again multiple times?.
Interesting. Any chance your password was hijacked and someone is messing with you? You would know if you changed something yourself, even a phone number.
I had to move my pin a few times and a few times I had pins in multiple locations and I never think it's 'permanent' when the pin has been where it belongs for years. The house across the street from me (going by entering the address alone) is located 4 miles from here. Today.
There was an 'open house' sign on the street across from me today so I went online to see what's for sale. It is actually my favorite house and going for a lot less than it was on the market for 2 years ago, but...
I figured while I was looking at houses for sale, I'd put in my own address to see what came up. I have a 4600 sq ft house with 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. At least according to one of those national property sites. Missing a few sq ft, 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The lot size a little on the low end as well.
I say all that because the internet is a weird place.

Wondering if you might be running into the same issue I've been running into with google + local pages, I found out last week that I needed to be verified by asking google for a postcard sent to my business and entering the PIN on postcard to verify.

Wondering if you might be running into the same issue I've been running into with google + local pages, I found out last week that I needed to be verified by asking google for a postcard sent to my business and entering the PIN on postcard to verify.
In most cases you can also have them call you at the business phone number to do the verification. I did the first change with the postcard, the next one with a phone call.

Back