Apple Pie Sandwiches Recipe

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at it, it is basically french toast with filling. So you can obv make a stuffed and rolled version or adjust it however you like. Put the topping INSIDE. I think it is pretty clever, esp if you have a ton of apples going brown. :)

Looking at it, it is basically french toast with filling. So you can obv make a stuffed and rolled version or adjust it however you like. Put the topping INSIDE. I think it is pretty clever, esp if you have a ton of apples going brown. :).
I have one of those thingys from Pampered Chef that molds and cuts 2 slices bread into a fluted circle. That might make a nicer presentation than just crusted bread as in the photo. ...though I am not sure how it would fry up being sort of rounded...oh well. .. just an idea that crossed my mind quickly.

a sandwich maker. Yeah those were made for filling them up (and burning the roof of your mouth with the hot contents!)

a sandwich maker. Yeah those were made for filling them up (and burning the roof of your mouth with the hot contents!).
No..I have one of those sandwich maker griddle things too :) This is a large round stainless steel thing with a spring in it. You put it over the dough/ bread and it cuts and crimps it together. Another thing I have never used but is still in my drawer after all these years. Sort of looks like a biscuit cutter.

A de-cruster of sorts. I know the one of which you speak. To make tea sandwiches.

Drat. I have both of those gadgets. Now I will have even more ideas in my head...
wink_smile.gif

We, unfortunately, got rid of a lot of our kitchen gadgets when we retired in attempt to simplify and declutter. We didn't know we were going to open a bed and breakfast. We are gradually rebuilding our kitchen arsenal. The problem is lack of storage space.
However, grandma got it done without a panini press or food processor, so I guess we can too.

Double YUM with sausage! Great combo. How did it go over?.
Of those guests who gave an opinion on it...keep it! And one who said it was too soggy and too eggy, so make up the sandwiches JUST as you're ready to cook and not at 7 AM! Use a 'crusty' bread rather than white bread, or make sure it's partly stale.
My take is it needs a little more 'apple pie spice'.

Back