Are Yellow Page Ads Antiquated in This Day and Age?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are still listed under our last name, but I think I need to be listed under the inn. I'm afraid that someone will lose our card and not be able to find our number if they get lost or something.
It's good to hear the listing under the business section is not more expensive! I guess I'll have to get on it!
Riki.
egoodell said:
We are still listed under our last name, but I think I need to be listed under the inn. I'm afraid that someone will lose our card and not be able to find our number if they get lost or something.
It's good to hear the listing under the business section is not more expensive! I guess I'll have to get on it!
Riki
If you buy an ad you pay. Around here there is no cost to have just the name and phone number listed. However, in VT it was something like $100/month.
Yes, I plan to simply list it. Waste of money for me to put in an ad.
But when we were talking to the YP about it she was pushing us to do it in a hurry and doing a lot of fast talking that we had to hurry and do it as the book was about to be published.
I'm sorry when someone starts talking fast and telling me to do something in a hurry I won't do it.
If I am not published in this year's book it does not matter as anyone would call information if they don't see me in the book.
So I let it drop and will now contact them again to be listed. I just don't like to be pushed like that.
Riki

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
If you buy an ad you pay. Around here there is no cost to have just the name and phone number listed. However, in VT it was something like $100/month.
Yes, I plan to simply list it. Waste of money for me to put in an ad.
But when we were talking to the YP about it she was pushing us to do it in a hurry and doing a lot of fast talking that we had to hurry and do it as the book was about to be published.
I'm sorry when someone starts talking fast and telling me to do something in a hurry I won't do it.
If I am not published in this year's book it does not matter as anyone would call information if they don't see me in the book.
So I let it drop and will now contact them again to be listed. I just don't like to be pushed like that.
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
That's the fastest way to get me to say no- push me, pressure me, make me think the world will end if I don't do this NOW.

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
It is more expensive for us. But it is nice when you call someone back for their caller ID to read Old House B&B - they answer it!

we list in our local and the next large town's YP - it runs about 20 a month. Not sure if we'll continue as we haven't gotten any reservations from the listings - I can use the $ some place else!

we list in our local and the next large town's YP - it runs about 20 a month. Not sure if we'll continue as we haven't gotten any reservations from the listings - I can use the $ some place else!.
greyswan said:
we list in our local and the next large town's YP - it runs about 20 a month. Not sure if we'll continue as we haven't gotten any reservations from the listings - I can use the $ some place else!
I recently noticed a lack of B&B's in a nearby city online directory. Just last week I decided to fork over the extra $ to be added in that city as NEARBY. Some B&B directories do this for nothing, this one charged and I am not sure why I never saw this oppty before. I believe the GC I sold yesterday found us on that - if so, it just paid for itself and hopefully will bing in guests. I make sure it states clearly we are 19 miles from that city.

JunieB - which online directory was that? Might be something we consider doing, too - your nearby city is a bit closer than ours - we're 50 miles away from ours, but that would be a closeby getaway for someone

JunieB - which online directory was that? Might be something we consider doing, too - your nearby city is a bit closer than ours - we're 50 miles away from ours, but that would be a closeby getaway for someone.
greyswan said:
JunieB - which online directory was that? Might be something we consider doing, too - your nearby city is a bit closer than ours - we're 50 miles away from ours, but that would be a closeby getaway for someone
One YOU are already on.
Additional City Listing: A second listing including your inn’s picture and direct link to your website in a nearby city. (Level 2 and Level 3 inns can purchase an additional city listing for $50 per city.) Click here for an example.
If you are level 1 you get this at no charge. Not sure which level you are on. click here for details[COLOR= rgb(85, 26, 139)]
[/COLOR]

JunieB - thanks.... I'm listed in the other city, too. :).
greyswan said:
JunieB - thanks.... I'm listed in the other city, too. :)
BedandBreakfast.com also charges for this - if you are listed with them, you can add a second city. I don't even see the city beginning with a P near you on there, which means you would be the only one there as a B&B near there.

Back