Are You Ahead of the Curve?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Just wanted to discuss this concept with y'all. Have you ever considered being on this forum helps you to be ahead of the curve? Have you ever considered that this diverse group made up from all walks of life/backgrounds and locations as a whole gives such valuable input into day to day inn operations? You can't BUY THAT! it is invaluable!
I mean go to as many innkeeper workshops as you want and take as many notes and power points as you can digest from the experts ,and yet still - right here on this forum top news and information is given to you as it happens (most of the time) for free.
What does this mean? This mean this is an opportunity to be ahead of the curve, to be a leader not a follower. Things show up here and we toss them around and sometimes they are valid or not or we find a better an even way to do something.
I just wanted to say these things, as I appreciate the feedback, yes some are back in the dark ages with index cards refuting the online reservations fact, arguing that people don't want them,so we can ignore the dough-dough's when we realize what they are saying is ridiculous. Of course we all have our moments of writing something ridiculous here from time to time.
Just think about it. Try it on for size...
cheers.gif

I had an e-mail from a vendor at the PAII Conference that I actually paid attention to Friday. I have to go back and retrieve the questionaire they need filled out, but I am going to sign up for their answering service for while I am away on my trip. The event I have posted as a must book online will be changed to a must call so they can get the cc#. THAT was the one thing that was bothering me - I will not be able to check messages from where I will be.
I will report to the Forum of how it worked out, $$, # of rez, etc when I get back. We help each other find resources and help/save the aggro with our opinions on things. THAT is another invaluable service of this Forum. The discussions save a LOT of time and $$$.

I agree 100%. I love the realism I get here, no sugar coated BS. Real world problems and solutions. And yes, I think we are all ahead of the curve from being here (not that it does us any good as we all get marked down on value, we had someone steal a coaster and a mug this weekend).

The best point is that, yes, we are in the thick of the problem right along with the innkeeper as it happens! You come on here and say, 'Help! This is happening right now! What do I do???' and (as long as it is night completely in the middle of the night for much of the US/Canada) you will get an answer.
LATER, you will get a discussion and analysis. But, right then, if someone can help they will.
Can't buy that.
And, the best part, I can hone my arguments on all of you. I say to-may-to, you all say to-mah-to and I go off and think about to-mah-to. If I still want to-may-to, you're all still here for me when I come back another day and say po-tay-to!
For all the 'I do it this way' (subtext- and that, of course, is the RIGHT way) I've seen some of us change our minds over the months and years. Heels dug in have undug a bit, hair has been loosened and so far no one has said, 'Well, nerts to all of you, I tried what you said and it didn't work.' Not a single time that I can recall has someone made a guest-centric change that was batted around here and had it come back to bite them.

I agree 100%. I love the realism I get here, no sugar coated BS. Real world problems and solutions. And yes, I think we are all ahead of the curve from being here (not that it does us any good as we all get marked down on value, we had someone steal a coaster and a mug this weekend)..
Don Draper said:
I agree 100%. I love the realism I get here, no sugar coated BS. Real world problems and solutions. And yes, I think we are all ahead of the curve from being here (not that it does us any good as we all get marked down on value, we had someone steal a coaster and a mug this weekend).
If THEY mark you down on value the perfect response is "we thought the mug and coaster cemented the value for you".

Back