Are you carving pumpkins?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i decided to try something different this year ... instead of going with the traditional grinning face jack o lantern. i carved a sort of good nite moon on my pumpkin and opened it from the back like i saw online somewhere. but not so much light shows through so i may open up the eyes, nose, mouth and stars more.
instead of lit flame candles in pumpkins, i use flameless flicker candles that change color. i love how that looks!
i've also used regular old flashlights to light em up.
my oldest sister dresses up to hand out candy to the two dozen or so trick or treaters she says she gets every year. she also plays games with them! this is the first time i am here for halloween so that will be interesting.
it's been five long years since my husband died and i'm feeling a little blue ... the only thing i can think to do when i get this way is to embrace whatever season it is. and be thankful i'm here to enjoy it. i listen to music like this.
anyway, are you/did you carving pumpkins?

No, but I am making brownies in ghost-shaped cupcake foils with pumpkin sprinkles to put on top. I will put some out for guests and take some to a neighbor's after the trick-or-treating is over tonight for dessert.

We didn't carve any pumpkins but we have two huge ones out front. My mother-in-law spray painted one of them a really pretty copper color...I think she inspired lots of guests to do it, everyone is asking about it!
I put out a HUGE bowl of candy yesterday and told all the check-ins that no one is allowed to leave Sunday morning until that bowl is empty! Everyone is noshing on it...nice to feel like a kid again.

No carving but the porch is decorated. Hubs will sit outside (it's warm here) and hand out candy. He takes the dog and his radio and just sits there with Mr Pumpkinman.
DSCF0007.JPG

No carving but the porch is decorated. Hubs will sit outside (it's warm here) and hand out candy. He takes the dog and his radio and just sits there with Mr Pumpkinman.
DSCF0007.JPG
This made me smile! How cute and how fun. Hope you get lots of takers tonight.

No, but I am making brownies in ghost-shaped cupcake foils with pumpkin sprinkles to put on top. I will put some out for guests and take some to a neighbor's after the trick-or-treating is over tonight for dessert..
how fun! i've never seen those!

We didn't carve any pumpkins but we have two huge ones out front. My mother-in-law spray painted one of them a really pretty copper color...I think she inspired lots of guests to do it, everyone is asking about it!
I put out a HUGE bowl of candy yesterday and told all the check-ins that no one is allowed to leave Sunday morning until that bowl is empty! Everyone is noshing on it...nice to feel like a kid again..
how long will a spray painted pumpkin keep? do you know?
whenever i put out candy for guests, they loved it!

DSCF0007.JPG
you should post this on your blog!! i love the way the dog is sitting there with pumpkinman

I don't carve pumpkins myself ever since I saw these works of art that our very own master pumpkin carver Ed Moody produces.
My pictures do not upload correctly here on the forum so I'll post a link to the pictures instead Ed Moody Pumpkins

DSCF0007.JPG
hehe, is that your husband under that swelled pumpkin head?
Looks great

I put out a HUGE bowl of candy yesterday and told all the check-ins that no one is allowed to leave Sunday morning until that bowl is empty! Everyone is noshing on it...nice to feel like a kid again..
how long will a spray painted pumpkin keep? do you know?
whenever i put out candy for guests, they loved it!
She spray painted this one mid-September and it has been outside the whole time and not an ounce of rot on it (or on the unpainted one, for that matter). We did small pumpkins spray painted for centerpieces one year along with some silk autumn leaves, it was so pretty and that lasted for a few weeks as well. I never kept them longer term than that but as long as you kept it sitting on something non-tarnishable like a plate you could do your own experiment!

DSCF0007.JPG
Looks great
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Looks great
No, he sits next to the pumpkinhead and scares the living daylights out of the kids who think they're BOTH 'dummies'.

I don't carve pumpkins myself ever since I saw these works of art that our very own master pumpkin carver Ed Moody produces.
My pictures do not upload correctly here on the forum so I'll post a link to the pictures instead Ed Moody Pumpkins .
well ed moody's pumpkins are art but mine (and yours) are folk art. it's good, messy fun!!

No, but I am making brownies in ghost-shaped cupcake foils with pumpkin sprinkles to put on top. I will put some out for guests and take some to a neighbor's after the trick-or-treating is over tonight for dessert..
DH carved Teddy Roosevelt (he said) but it looked like 2 slashes for mouth so I told him to make it a handlebar stash to look like a stash. Here it is in twilight and then at night.
Twilightpunkin.jpg

Nightpunkin.jpg

DH carved Teddy Roosevelt (he said) but it looked like 2 slashes for mouth so I told him to make it a handlebar stash to look like a stash. Here it is in twilight and then at night.
Twilightpunkin.jpg

Nightpunkin.jpg

awesome!

Twilightpunkin.jpg

Nightpunkin.jpg

After being told, I can see it, but only then :))))

Back