are you ever curious?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we have asked before what "uniforms" are worn by the forum innkeepers. I think it is everything from levi's to smocks with lots of pockets. Embroidered polos are easy to slap on with a pair of shorts or levis.
Quiet shoes while I am in the kitchen early am's is imperative.
What do you all wear?.
Nice jeans (long or crop) and nice top or sweater set for breakfast service. I want to be comfortable when I'm in there cooking.
wink_smile.gif
No tee shirts. I bought my dh some nice colored printed tee shirts with inn info on them for him to wear duiring breakfast. Then, I change to a tee shirt (long or short sleeved) with the inn logo to clean rooms. Before check-ins, I'll freshen up and change into something more presentable than what I wore in the morning and try not to look disheveled. haha!

I shop at the discount places for most of my stuff. I can't bring myself to pay $50 for a turtleneck that looks like a $5 turtleneck. I may spring a bit for a couple of good pieces a couple of times a year but that's nothing over $75 usually!! I'm lucky in that there is a little boutique here that specializes in natural fibers and as inventory sits she discounts on a regular basis. I can get some really nice tops and shift dresses from her that I like in the inn since they are so comfy and cool.
At UVA my boss works here and at Chicos. She probably works at Chicos to pay for her clothing habit. They don't wear the same thing twice here and I don't know how they do it. But my paycheck goes to the mortgage, and the businesses pays everything else. So when we have a good rush of wine tours, I sometimes snitch a bit to get myself something for working two jobs.
I'd rather be in this situation than looking at another ten years in this office for sure. But I'm getting impatient!
Riki

I think we have asked before what "uniforms" are worn by the forum innkeepers. I think it is everything from levi's to smocks with lots of pockets. Embroidered polos are easy to slap on with a pair of shorts or levis.
Quiet shoes while I am in the kitchen early am's is imperative.
What do you all wear?.
My uniform is a pair of nice slacks, a logo polo shirt, and my logo apron (with pockets). Since I hate to carry a purse, the apron pockets serve the purpose while I am a walking billboard - I wear it to the grocery & the veggie store. If DH is serving breakfast, he wears nice jeans and a logo polo shirt. I wear men's gym shoes because that is the only shoe I can get that is wide enough for my bunion.
As for the non-working fashions, if it covered my body it was all that was requires. I never wear sleeveless, my "flying squirrels" are shy. I never wear low-riders, my "jelly rolls" would obliterate the clothes. I have discovered C J Banks as a store that has fat lady clothes with style and color. Since I discovered them last year I have spent a few $$ on clothes. Probably will not repeat it for a few years - but almost always from the sale rack!

I think the most important thing for me to spend my money on is good quality work shoes. I have a pair of shoes that make my feet burn when they've been on for 15 minutes or so. TIme for a new pair...foot fatigue is NOT good.

I wear black slacks and either a short sleeve in 3 seasons and long sleeve in winer. In the kitchen I have a nice apron that covers most. Rest of the time I wear a beige jacket over. Black new balance shoes all the time.

I think the most important thing for me to spend my money on is good quality work shoes. I have a pair of shoes that make my feet burn when they've been on for 15 minutes or so. TIme for a new pair...foot fatigue is NOT good..
"foot fatigue is NOT good".
Especially at your young age!

Back