Are you GREAT Guests or some of the Worst?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Just had some of the most inconsiderate guests leave. And if you guessed they were innkeepers, you are correct!!! They called to book late in the week, I only had 1 room left - sleeps two & they said that is what they needed. Called late in the afternoon on day of arrival needing to do self check in as they were running late to an event.
At 6am we hear loud banging & running around - we are ABOVE them! Lovely, if we hear that, what about the people in the room next door!! As we were putting the finishing touches to breakfast, we hear a stampede coming down the stairs & out the front door.
DH looks out and sees 2 small bodies with a couple he has never seen - must be the innkeepers. One walks back inside to settle up, not bringing up the kids until the end. While I do not like inconsiderate self absorbed guests, I despise the thought that one of our own would be this inconsiderate to another.
pita.gif
and Innkeeper PITAS stink worse!

I am a great guest, the other guests thoroughly enjoy my trained-monkey and tambourine after dinner.
whattha.gif

Unbelievable. I hope you charged for the two extra bodies
RIki

Reminds me of the "innkeeper" who stayed here. She wanted to know what I did with the rest of my day after I finished my 15 minutes of cleaning.

If I am by myself, I really DO TRY to be a good guest. If DH is along - I give up. Sorry.

We expect the same sort of standard from others that we expect of ourselves (so my partner will check for dust on picture frames for example). And we're not very tollerant of sloppy standards.
Conversley I think we're very wary of the riggors of running an establishment so we'd be considerate and stick to house rules.
We certainly wouldn't abuse the hospitality (as above).

We expect the same sort of standard from others that we expect of ourselves (so my partner will check for dust on picture frames for example). And we're not very tollerant of sloppy standards.
Conversley I think we're very wary of the riggors of running an establishment so we'd be considerate and stick to house rules.
We certainly wouldn't abuse the hospitality (as above)..
Highlands John said:
I think that's one of my biggest issues. Yeah, I get how much work this is, but if I can do it, so can you.

I try to be a good guest...although I do confess to being chatty, which I do try to curtail if I need to.
regular_smile.gif

Back