Are you open over Winter?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have one weekend left to go for this season. I'm looking forward to a little bit of down time in winter.
We close about the same time as most of the good restaurants around here. The wineries are open year round, but the good restaurants aren't. If people can't eat, it impacts their ability to have a good time ;).
What do you do to store linens for the off season? I have mine all washed, and folded; but I plan on re-washing in the spring before I re-do rooms. It would be nice not to have to do this, but is there anyway to store things to keep them fresh? I left mattresses pads to act as dust covers-- will pull those in the spring too. Does this sound about right? Any other suggestions?
We wash them, then place them inside a simple plastic garbage bag. Then we just pull them out and they are ready to use. Haven't had a problem with odors. It's only 6 months or less.
Thanks guys,
In truth, that was my inclination, I found some linens still done up in trash bags. I was afraid of a plastic smell, or worse the re-curring stains. You know the ones you thought you got out, but over time they come back?
Although we are drained and winterized, I will be headed back over this week to finish up doing a few things...I'll take a new box of trash bags and see what the spring brings.
Wow--just looked up and saw 27 eagles soaring in a thermal above the lake!! Too fast moving for a photo, darn!

Storing linens or clothes....I've been storing the seasonal clothing in space bags for at least 10 years....maybe more.....I have to store some winter clothing in black trash bags......never a problem.
Sometimes those plastic storage that quilts or quilt sets.....and yes sheet sets come in smell of plastic.....Never kept those, threw them out quickly.

Back