Quantcast

Area B&B gets grant from Feds

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Area B&B gets grant from Feds[/FONT]
Bucyrus Telegraph Forum
By Terricha Bradley • Telegraph-Forum • October 2, 2009 BUCYRUS -- A local bed and breakfast is the only Crawford County business to be awarded a federal ...

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Well that's a nice thing. I thought I knew her from my OH days..but not...but am glad someone is getting something helpful from the govt.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute. It says the system will cost about $22k and she is getting less than $5200 from the Feds. That is one very hefty outlay. I know it is not recent - we did our new furnace/central air for the downstairs in 1996 and it was around $5000 total - but she must have one huge place. It would take a lot of hard winters to add up to $22k for my uninsulated 1912 2-story.
OK, I looked it up and the place must be huge. The Country Inn had 6 suites and the B & B has 5 rooms plus wherever it is located there is a Tree House room. It is still a lot of ourlay.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Wait a minute. It says the system will cost about $22k and she is getting less than $5200 from the Feds. That is one very hefty outlay. I know it is not recent - we did our new furnace/central air for the downstairs in 1996 and it was around $5000 total - but she must have one huge place. It would take a lot of hard winters to add up to $22k for my uninsulated 1912 2-story.
OK, I looked it up and the place must be huge. The Country Inn had 6 suites and the B & B has 5 rooms plus wherever it is located there is a Tree House room. It is still a lot of ourlay..
Sorry you are out of date in pricing. Our dual system we had installed last year was almost $15,000.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
$5k is just for one heat pump.
As I said..that is cheap...our 2 cost us almost $15K and we still kept our oil burner as a back up...we use it when it gets too cold and the heat pump just won't get it warm enough for us.

YellowSocks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said..that is cheap...our 2 cost us almost $15K and we still kept our oil burner as a back up...we use it when it gets too cold and the heat pump just won't get it warm enough for us.

catlady said:
We spent less than that on both hi-eff gas and heat pump. What I wanted to spend the $$$ on was a geothermal system, but we didn't have the room here.
=)
Kk.

Samster

Reaction score

You're right.....Depends on the SEER rating, brand of unit, how large a unit it is, how many units, and how much other work you're having done, too. Duct work, etc. - hard vs flexible. How fancy a thermostat. You definitely shouldn't compare prices from over 10 years ago!! Sticker shock....

EmptyNest

Reaction score

catlady said:
We spent less than that on both hi-eff gas and heat pump. What I wanted to spend the $$$ on was a geothermal system, but we didn't have the room here.
=)
Kk.
We got the almost top of the line so I guess that is why ours cost more. Very High eff. and heat pump