Arrangements must be made for check-ins after 6 pm, please inform us AT THE TIME YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATION.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Or you can leave me a message at 6:30 that says you won't be here by 6....really??????
Longest Saturday ever, 6 check-ins who are all staying Saturday/Sunday which is not our norm...I knew it was going to be a long day but seriously, could these people just GET HERE already???

It's miserably hot out there and I know our guests checking in have been sitting on the interstate due to an accident up north of here. They've all gotten in, but it was awful out there in the blazing sun with hundreds of other cars idling.
But, yeah, was it too hard to call at 5:30 to say you wouldn't be there at 6?
I'm starting to think of our 'check-in time' as a 'suggested' check-in time. I will be here between 3-7 but after that, I might not. We don't wait for guests to be in the house before we settle in for dinner and a few drinks.

It's miserably hot out there and I know our guests checking in have been sitting on the interstate due to an accident up north of here. They've all gotten in, but it was awful out there in the blazing sun with hundreds of other cars idling.
But, yeah, was it too hard to call at 5:30 to say you wouldn't be there at 6?
I'm starting to think of our 'check-in time' as a 'suggested' check-in time. I will be here between 3-7 but after that, I might not. We don't wait for guests to be in the house before we settle in for dinner and a few drinks..
Tonight is my first ever "self check in"...prompted by another thread I read on here a few days ago. They were to be here at 9 PM, it's now 10 PM, and I'm quite sure they will not be arriving anytime soon, so I'm glad I started this tonight. But of course I'm nervous, so am still up, waiting to hear them when they come in, to ensure it goes smoothly. LOL

They got a note and didn't get in 'til close to 9 pm. I did NOT waste any energy worrying about whether they got in alright or not.

I just read this verbiage on a website and kinda liked it:
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Check in time is after 3 p.m. and before 7 p.m.While we make every effort to accommodate early arrivals, due to high occupancy we cannot guarantee room availability until 3 p.m. Please phone to make arrangements for arrivals after 7 p.m. No arrivals after 10 pm., please.[/FONT]

I just read this verbiage on a website and kinda liked it:
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Check in time is after 3 p.m. and before 7 p.m.While we make every effort to accommodate early arrivals, due to high occupancy we cannot guarantee room availability until 3 p.m. Please phone to make arrangements for arrivals after 7 p.m. No arrivals after 10 pm., please.[/FONT].
I had something similar to that and then all I got was "Oh, we don't need the room, we just want to drop of our bags". NOPE. So I changed it back to stay attended check-in is strictly 2-6 pm.
I am over my hissy fit of last night, those people and their attitude just really rubbed me the wrong way...and continued to do so this morning.

Back