Arrrrrg!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During 10 days in October we experience our busiest season - the Albuqueruqe International Balloon Fiesta. We book out by a year too, well almost - I won't start taking resevations for this until Jan 1, but this is also the time when we have lots of cancellations, so I am always grateful for the last minute calls, because then I can reimberse the guest that cancelled and it makes for good will..
Welcome Adobenido!
welcome.gif
I have seen this festival on TV. Lovely!!! Stayed in your lovely city many, many moons ago. Beautiful area.
Question, Since you do bookup so far in advance for this do you keep a wait list in case someone cancels?
Hi Copperhead - thanks for the welcome
I don't have a waiting list. What we do in Albuquerque is keep a spread sheet online in Google Docs, and we all keep it up to date with our availaility. Only the innkeepers have access to the calendar. When someone calls we send them to someone who has availability. We try to place everyone we can, and even let non-member inns participate. As we get closer to the balloon fiesta, (I call it balloon fiasco), and there are inns with cancellations, we can pair them up with the last minute bookers. Since doing this we haven't had too many inns go with empty rooms during fiesta, and potential guests don't get annoyed by calling 10 or more inns to find a room. The hardest part is getting inns to update.
That's a good thing. I tried that here for fall foliage season..and just like you...trying to get innkeepers to keep the calendar updated was like pulling teeth:-(

During 10 days in October we experience our busiest season - the Albuqueruqe International Balloon Fiesta. We book out by a year too, well almost - I won't start taking resevations for this until Jan 1, but this is also the time when we have lots of cancellations, so I am always grateful for the last minute calls, because then I can reimberse the guest that cancelled and it makes for good will..
Welcome Adobenido!
welcome.gif
I have seen this festival on TV. Lovely!!! Stayed in your lovely city many, many moons ago. Beautiful area.
Question, Since you do bookup so far in advance for this do you keep a wait list in case someone cancels?
I don't have a waiting list. What we do in Albuquerque is keep a spread sheet online in Google Docs, and we all keep it up to date with our availaility. Only the innkeepers have access to the calendar. When someone calls we send them to someone who has availability. We try to place everyone we can, and even let non-member inns participate. As we get closer to the balloon fiesta, (I call it balloon fiasco), and there are inns with cancellations, we can pair them up with the last minute bookers. Since doing this we haven't had too many inns go with empty rooms during fiesta, and potential guests don't get annoyed by calling 10 or more inns to find a room. The hardest part is getting inns to update.
That's a good thing. I tried that here for fall foliage season..and just like you...trying to get innkeepers to keep the calendar updated was like pulling teeth:-(
I always say that getting a group of innkeepers to do anything is like herding cats! LOL I FEEL your pain.

Welcome Adobenido!
welcome.gif
catlady said:
We are lucky...we have a web geek working on our local group site. He figured out how to pull everyone's avail off their online calendar and now we don't have to fill it in anymore. It updates every hour!

Back