Article Link: Keeping vacations closer to home

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice article. Thanks for sharing.
Had to laugh as it was the price of going to Disneyworld that sent us on a cruise four years ago, we thought to heck with this, our entire family can go on a cruise to warm waters, round the clock activities and dine like kings instead of hot dogs and standing in line all day in the heat for 2 minute rides.
That is a great article, appreciate it.

There was another interesting article in Time magazine this week that showed the dichotomy of who has money to travel and who doesn't. The folks who are single-handedly making Steve Jobs a rich man have money. They travel. They buy gadgets. And they are under 40 years old. They, for the most part, do not have kids (yet, or ever) so they spend their money how they want. And how they want to spend it is on themselves.
The article went on to explain they were not caught in the stock market crash, did not have homes that are now worth less than they paid for them, don't have huge mortgages they can't get out from under. So, they are still not worried about money the way older people are. And they travel.
It's something we've seen here...totally wired, all the gadgety stuff, good shoes and lots of mini vacations.

My occupancy is way up from last year - at least so far. I have had several request my Egg-Special Getaway (2-night min weekdays only). I got some plastic eggs when they went on sale after Easter. Each egg has a discount in it and the guest chooses an egg on arrival. Had one get a 10% (that one was a 2-rooms) and another got 30% (most recent).
They are waiting until closer to arrival to book though. I have 2 2-night freebies coming during our Fron tier Da ys when I probably would not have ANY paid guests anyway - the Skee Ball trailer tires are scraping my curb and I have big rides in front of us and kiddie rides across the alley beside us. One of them contacted us to say another couple will be traveling with them and purchased a duplicate of their freebie - so I WILL be making some money that week after all!
I am getting more horses as more people visit another stable and then come here - and the last 2 left WONDERFUL reviews on TA!!

Back